Payroll Administrator - Permanent Opportunity - Central Bristol
Our client is looking for an experienced Payroll professional to administer end to end payroll for the organisation. You will be responsible for the delivery of payroll and providing expert advice on a range of internal client queries and technical advice.
You will have excellent payroll experience of the whole process and possess knowledge of the relevant language and legislation around a variety of payroll related concerns, to include: statutory allowances, calculations, benefit payments, tax and national insurance contributions, sickness/absence pay and holiday pay; these core elements will make up the majority of the role.
In addition you will be maintaining a monthly payroll, preparing reports and assisting the wider HR team with a variety of HR projects and administration activities that cover the full employee life-cycle.
Skills and experience required
- Payroll Administration experience
- Managing the entry of Payroll information into HR systems and payroll exception sheets for uploading to an external Payroll provider
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office packages with a minimum of Intermediate Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven stakeholder management
- The ability to work as part of a team, share information and best practice
- The ability to work accurately, with strong attention to detail
- The ability to prepare reports, interpret and present information
- The ability to work unsupervised and use initiative
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment working to tight deadlines and dealing with emotional situations
- Administer childcare voucher scheme - monthly changes (starter, leavers, changes) are amended in Payroll and checking of monthly invoices for payment