Product Integration and Test Engineer
COE Product Test and Integration Engineer - Salary dependant on experience
Engineering / Defence / Aerospace / Military
On offer is a COE Product Test and Integration Engineer career opportunity. My client is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Purpose of Position
This role is for a software test engineer who is part of the Product Integration and Test Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for Product integration and test activities and supporting design certification, assurance and acceptance for EvO products. EvO is the first phase of the MORPHEUS program which includes the transformation of BCIP to an open and flexible technical and business architecture. Individuals in this role will carry out product integration with hardware & software components, defining, scoping and running tests, problem solving to identify defects, providing assurance evidence and participation in product and system demonstrations. The Product Integration and Test Engineer will provide input into the System demonstration and where required assist the System integration teams at the Value Stream Level within a Scaled Agile Development Framework. Tasks will be varied, including software integration, setting up test environments, working in a vitalised environment and developing automated tests, supporting both product and system integration & test teams. The successful candidate will work within a multi-disciplined engineering team to deliver outputs that meet customer needs to defined quality standards within agreed timescales and budgets.
* Support detailed planning to successfully execute product testing and integration and test activity
* Define test requirements, specifications, procedures and scripts with reference to system and product specification, design and use cases
* Execute defined product integration activities
* Execute tests and manage test results and associated data
* Support the production of test reports and associated test conclusions
* Support status reporting of product test activities.
* Support build and test automation activity as well as the continuous improvement of integration and testing processes, procedures and tools.
* Carry out integration and test activity within the SAFe Agile Framework program
Education/ExperienceRequired Skills & Abilities
* Competence in Software Integration and Test - depth of experience in some areas and breadth of understanding across the discipline , practising as an Software test engineer on a complex development program
* Microsoft Windows Platform experience with good understanding of Windows architecture, services, security features, and vitalisation
* Testing software on Windows 10 and Server 2016
* Defect investigation and root cause analysis
* Configuring test environments
* Use of Test Management tools (e.g. Rational Quality Manager)
* Good communicator and able to work co-operatively in a team environment.
* Used to working in a vitalised environment
* Proven methodical analytic fault finding skills
* Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to generate well-structured technical documents
* Ability to present at progress and system reviews
* Self-motivated demonstrating integrity, professionalism, flexibility, commitment and innovation
* Needs to be confident and professional when working with development teams Desirable skills
* Understanding and experience of Tactical C4I Systems; knowledge of the BCIP system
* Experienced in the use of one or more the following engineering tools or equivalents: IBM DOORS, Rational Quality Manager, Rational Team Concert
* Working in a Scrum environment
Required Education & Experience
Technical experience in the application of practical and pragmatic Product Integration and Test engineering preferably on large scale Defence design and development programs.
Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or IT discipline or equivalent wide range of relevant experience