Retail Operations Director - Outfit
A Bit About
Our Global Vision is to be the world’s fashion authority. Endorsed by opinion formers and accessible to everyone, we are an authentic British Brand with world class standards. A fashion-insider that constantly innovates through its brave and irreverent approach, providing fashion leadership to style-minded individuals.
To develop, execute and lead the Outfit Brand’s retail strategy to continue to grow the Outfit business.
What You'll Be Doing Day to Day
- To lead, inspire and engage a team of 3,000 retail employees. Ensure fit for growth.
- Responsibility for £m turnover across UK sites at present with full P&L responsibility for all sales channels of the business.
- To work with Property to secure future sites and modernise existing ones for the Outfit brand and ensure the opportunities for growth and return on investment are both exploited and optimised.
- To oversee the execution and implementation of store design and other related shop fit concepts/maintenance. To represent Outfit on property developments and ensure that all interventions are made in a timely and accurate manner.
- To be responsible for continuing to develop the inter-brand Arcadia relationships within the Retail functions to ensure optimum store density, stock packages and ATV are all optimised effectively via excellent customer service.
- To oversee the retail execution of the External Business Strategy and to ensure operational excellence and customer service for our external partners.
- Accountable for the people plan of the Outfit brand including talent acquisition, team development, the management of poor performance and improved productivity across the retail estate.
- To define, implement and ensure operational standards of excellence are maintained across the Brand.
- To lead the develop of future customer experience across the Brand
- To lead the development of new income streams, business opportunities and projects connected with commercial and retail operations
- Strong experience of managing large retail teams with a proven track record of creating a culture for success
- P&L accountability of a large retail operation
- Property and Store Design experience
- Experience of working in a complex, relationship centric business
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to multi-task
- A commercial, profitable eye for product. An apparel background would be advantageous
- Good judgement and decision making skills
- Commercially astute
- Excellent leadership and relationship management skills
- Customer centric
The Exciting Part
Generous holiday with holiday trading
25% staff discount
Early finish summer hours
Access to sample sales
Regular team and company social events
Company bonus scheme
Interest free season ticket loan
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted.
You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It's not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.