Top 20 Firm based in the heart of Manchester are looking to recruit a Senior Accountant to join their team.
This role will suit a newly qualified Accounts and Audit Senior will provide direct support to the Partners and the Audit/Accounts Managers. The mix of work in the group is varied and consists of a few hundred clients including high net worth individuals, partnerships, trusts, professional sole traders and limited companies with turnovers of up to £300 million, although the average would be nearer £10-20 million.
You will be responsible for the following :
- Responsibility for running group audits and for accounts preparation work, to include consolidations and cash flow statements.
- Preparation of financial forecast models, business plans, reporting on internal controls, financial due diligence and other ad hoc projects will also be required from time to time.
- The role will include supervising the work of more junior staff and liaising with tax staff, the Partners and our clients, as necessary.
In summary, the role can currently be split approximately as follows:
- 60% in-charge role on statutory audits;
- 15% responsibility for preparing financial statements in respect of limited companies, partnerships and trusts;
- 5% preparation of the first draft of the company tax returns for audit and accounts assignments;
- 10% training, marketing and other non-chargeable activities;
- 10% ad hoc projects/reports for the client base.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading Accountancy Practice and you will be rewarded with a generous salary and flexible benefits package.