Purple Monkey Recruitment are delighted to be working with Artigiano, a growing mail order and online retailer, who are looking to recruit a native English speaking Copywriter and translator to support us in creating copy for our catalogues and online store. We are looking for proactive and creative Copywriter who can translate and localise content for the UK website and catalogue from German in to English. Candidates must be native to the country and based in London to be considered. The majority of writing tasks will be based around product copy, but other tasks such as blog, SEO, call centre scripts and transcription may be introduced.
We require candidates with proven fashion and or retail experience, comfortable working in a high pressured and fast paced environment. Candidates will ideally have previous experience writing for high street fashion brands and will report in to the Head of Publications.
- Translating and localising product descriptions from German into the English language and vice-versa
- Maintaining excellent attention to detail and verifying copy and layouts are correct in terms of spelling, grammar, syntax, punctuation, typeface, size, style, and correct any mechanical errors. This includes verifying brand consistency and brand guidelines.
- The team member may work across multiple brands, assuring the work is on brand/tone with their brand guidelines, messaging, and nuances.
- Make sure all brand guidelines, glossaries and translation memory software are constantly up to date
- Ensuring that final language versions fits the correct cultural context (this may involve the revision of some of the content)
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively in a team environment and consult with other colleagues in order to understand specialized concepts, translate them appropriately and ensure quality and accuracy of final product.
- Working with internal teams to ensure delivery of content within the required timeframes
- Entering finalised content into the Content Management System, Indesign or database
- Comfortable prioritizing, multitasking in deadline-driven setting. Flexibility is a must.
- Compile terminology and information into glossaries and terminology databases to be used in translations.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. (Essential)
- Experience in creating elegant, engaging editorials with an eloquent writing style for various offline, digital and social media channels and advertising and marketing campaigns
- English mother tongue with a Bachelor's Degree in German or German mother tongue with a Bachelor's Degree in English OR a Degree in Translation Studies is essential
- Proven experience of copywriting and/or translating
- Experience of working in an eCommerce/Fashion/Retail environment is essential
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and ideally Indesign
- Understanding of SEO and Key Word optimisation is an advantage
- Understanding of Grammar
- Interpersonal Communication
- Accuracy & Attention to Detail
- Estimated productivity range for Translating:
- New copy: 1,500-2,500 words per day
- New and existing copy: 3,000-5,000 words per day
- Existing copy: 5,000-6,000 words per day
- Estimated productivity range for Proofreading:
- Complex: 1,400 words per hour
- Simple: 2,800 words per hour
If you have a background in B2C Digital Copywriting / Blogging / content creation and are multilingual in English and German this is an amazing career opportunity with a fast moving, friendly and very successful company.
This role is being managed by Purple Monkey Recruitment Ltd and all 3rd party applications will be forwarded to Rebecca Tolson at PMR who will assume ownership of the application.