General Manager - Automotive
Are you a successful and passionate General Manager with experience of the automotive industry? Are you interested in a career with a progressive and exciting company representing 13 of the UK’s leading car manufacturers? ?
Our client are seeking a talented individual to join their team as a General Manager in their Milton Keynes branch. Our client are an award winning leading automotive retailer with a turnover in excess of £600m. Established in 1908 they are a nationwide franchised dealer group with 52 dealerships in 32 locations. They cover 13 of the UK’s leading car manufacturers.
They offer comprehensive training schemes, commitment to people and a desire to help everyone in their team achieve their personal best. They're looking for individuals who can put their ethos of 'People First', into everything they do. As a their employee, you'll be encouraged to inspire others and work as part of a collaborative team.
If you share their values and passion for customer service, you can look forward to developing an enjoyable and rewarding long-term career with us. In return for your hard work as their General Manager, you will be entitled to:
- Company car
- 22 days plus Bank Holidays
- Generous Long Service awards
- Life Insurance
- Pension Scheme
- Generous staff retail and vehicle discounts
Reporting to the Regional Director, the General Manager will have overall day to day control of all dealership functions, however the position requires strong leadership and motivation, with a particular emphasis on controlling the Sales & Aftersales departments to ensure continued improvement both customer service levels and dealership profitability through a process driven approach. On a daily basis, you will:
- Lead, motivate and inspire the teams across the business to achieve excellent results
- Maximise sales and profit opportunities
- Focus on achieving goals
- Work as a team player and on own initiative
- Have an emphasis on controlling the sales department to ensure continued improvement both customer service levels and dealership profitability through a process driven approach
- The idea candidate will have a solid understanding of workshop KPI's and a good grasp of the department’s P&l, able to identify market trends and act accordingly.
The Ideal General Manager will:
- Have previous experience as General Manager / Dealer Principal within the automotive industry, candidates with Peugeot or Citroen experience would be well received.
- Present strong management and coaching skills gained in a similar role and environment and be confident in making informed decisions together with sound judgements.
- Be passionate about the motor industry and be motivated by setting, achieving and exceeding targets.
- Have a customer centric attitude and be able to personally demonstrate and encourage the skills and behaviours associated with the company and the brand's values.
- Be competent in developing successful network relationships across the group and industry.
If you are looking to take the next steps in your career and would like the opportunity to work for a progressive and dynamic dealer group, then please click APPLY to register your interest in the role of General Manager!
No agencies pleaseThe vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.