Purchase Ledger Clerk
SF Group are currently recruiting for a well known organisation in North of Leicester for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to work within their Finance team. This is a Contract role for 6 Months which could potentially be extended. Working hours is Monday to Friday, 08:30 - 17:00, free parking is available on site.
You will have some experience working as a Purchase Ledger Clerk and have a great passion for the role along with excellent attention to detail. You will be working as part of a small team as the Purchase Ledger Clerk and working closely with the Purchase Ledger Supervisor to ensure all payments are made.
- Accurate data entry, including supplier and manual invoice entry and general data updates, ensuring invoices are coded correctly
- Liaising with suppliers and internal site managers to obtain invoices and information relating to new and outstanding invoices
- Reconciliation of supplier accounts on a monthly basis
- Ensuring that reconciling items are dealt with in a timely manner
- Setting up new supplier details and payment terms correctly on banking system
- Prepare weekly BACS payment run and ad hoc manual BACS/CHAPS payments as and when required
- Payments on an adhoc basis.
- Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all financial and team deadlines are met
- Assist Accountant to meet all month end deliverables
- Resolution of queries on a prompt and professional basis
- Ad hoc duties when requested
- Understands and appreciates the importance of using discretion
- Filing and administration in relation to all financial activities
Desirable Candidates to have the following:
- Attention to detail is paramount to ensure that all data entry is accurate
- Professional phone manner
- Some experience within a purchase ledger role
- GCSE or equivalent
- Experience of Microsoft Office and Excel is essential
- SAGE experience is ideal
Applicants who have a legal right to work within the UK will be considered.
If you are a Purchase Ledger Clerk itching to get a new opportunity, please send an up to date CV to Dhruti Patel at or alternatively, please call my direct line on .