Female Relief Support Worker - Levett Gardens, Ilford, Essex
Mencap are looking for Relief Support Workers where you will be in control of the days you work, so working around the children, study or a 2nd job is possible when working on relief!
You will be supporting 2 ladies and 2 gentlemen who have a learning disability. Everyone has their own requirements but the type of support you will provide would be around administering medication, helping with personal care and offering support with cooking healthy meals. Both of our ladies are wheel chair bound and require the use of a hoist, full training will be provided on this. You will also be fully involved in the fun. You can expect to be watching Star Wars, visiting the pub, or watching frozen.
Supporting someone with their daily life is not a 9-5 job. You will be offered shifts across a range of different days and shift patterns, including some sleep in shifts.
One of the most amazing things about being a Support Worker is that anyone can do it! As long as you have a positive attitude and want to improve the lives of those with a learning disability, we will support you with progression opportunities throughout your career with us.
An enhanced DBS will be required for each successful candidate (Paid for by Mencap, T&Cs apply)
Job reference 11542
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- Amazing Induction
- Access to award winning training and development
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You'll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We'll ask a lot of you - but you'll get back so much more. With us, it's never 'just a job'.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.