Operations Support Engineer - Instrumentation
Location: Thame, Oxfordshire
Salary: £45,000 to £48,000 per annum, plus allowance & benefits
World-leading industrial gases and engineering company urgently require an experienced engineer to join their Operations team in optimising assets and providing Instrumentation support for an Air Separation Plant based at Thame in Oxfordshire. The Operations Support Engineer is a crucial team member who will provide maintenance and operational support for the site in Thame as well as some involvement in providing support for their Nitrogen Liquefier plant at Fawley, which is an industrial gases production facility servicing both pipeline and merchant customers throughout Southern England.
The role will require working with a wide cross section of internal and external personnel in a multi-disciplined capacity. The required candidate will have a broad engineering and process operational background along with strong practical SHEQ knowledge including permit to work and contractor control.
- To supervise personnel in accordance with Permit to Work requirements and actively support the sites SHEQ goals and targets
- Plan and co-ordinate maintenance activities at Fawley & Thame sites to agreed company and industry standards
- Work collectively with Operations and support personnel from Fawley
- To supervise, control & maintain plants in a multidisciplinary capacity to ensure all customer demands are met with minimal liquid support to meet agreed budget targets
- To work in collaboration with the Remote Operating Centre (ROC) in monitoring and improving plant reliability and plant performance
- Maintain liquid & gaseous supplies to merchant customers and tonnage supplies to pipeline customers within contractual conditions
- Undertake management of outsource partners and contractors for work on site and ensure compliance to contractor control standard
- Inspect and check all operating plant and instrumentation on a regular basis. Diagnose faults on plant and instrumentation and provide feedback for rectification
- Work with the ROC with to start up and shutdown plant equipment where necessary
- Participate in maintaining the site on call system for instrumentation issues
- Prepare instrumentation for maintenance and inspection as required by executing physical isolations, electrical isolations up to limit of job holder’s authorisation and undertaking atmospheric gas analysis as necessary
- Selection of suitable and competent contractors to carry out maintenance activities and ongoing close supervision and management
Knowledge and Experience Required:
The ideal candidate would be someone who has some previous process plant experience, conversant with plant instrumentation, and either has or is willing to take on some training with regard to electrical systems.
- Indentured apprenticeship city and guilds part 1, 2 & 3, NVQ level 3 (minimum) in an engineering discipline (Instrumentation and control systems)
- Significant years of relevant, practical, experience
- Willingness to work outside the normal working hours as emergencies and operational needs dictate, including 24 hour callout coverage
- Good base knowledge and understanding of industry and statutory standards and codes of practice
- Detailed knowledge of Permit to Work procedures
- Good basic understanding of current Health, Safety and Environment legislation
- Knowledge of operating process plant equipment
- Experience and ability to provide a high standard of customer service whilst working under significant pressure
This is an excellent opportunity for a multi-disciplined engineer with Instrumentation qualifications to join a World leader in industrial gases. This is a permanent position offering an excellent salary along with other benefits.
Please send your CV to Totec today or call us for more information.
All calls/enquiries are handled with strict confidence.
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959920717