My client are based in St Albans and are within the charity and not for profit sector. They are recruiting for an Accounts Assistant to join them on a permanent basis and to work within a medium sized Finance team.
Salary paying £19,000 - £20,000 dependent on experience with great benefits and career progression. Seeking a candidate who has a similar background, enjoys working as part of a team and can multi task.
My client are a fantastic charity in St Albans who are working towards a great cause and operate all over the UK. They have a medium sized Finance team based in the heart of Watford and are looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant to join them on a permanent basis. You will report into a hands on Finance Manager and be responsible for Accounts Payables, VAT Returns, Bank Reconciliations, Supplier account reconciliations and much more. Paying a competitive salary of £19,000 - £20,000 with great benefits.
- Maintaining the purchase ledger
- Input of all invoices/credit note
- Payment of supplier invoices
- Supplier account reconciliations
- Undertake Bank reconciliations, identifying and investigating any variances or discrepancies
- Allocation of all payments made via direct debit on the finance system
- Ensure all purchase orders and invoices are authorised
- Provide support to preparation of VAT returns as delegated, ensuring correct calculation of partial exemption recovery rate
- Analysis and reimbursement of petty cash
- Preparation of payment runs by BACS
- Ensure that purchase invoices and expenses claims are accurately and promptly recorded on the finance system
- A background in an Accounts role, ideally experience of Accounts Payable, VAT returns and Bank Reconciliations
- Hard working candidate
- Team player who works well with others
- Enjoy a charitable environment and interest in the case
- Computer literate
Whats on offer?
- Full time permanent role in St Albans
- Great company who are within the not for profit sector
- Working within a friendly Finance team who treat their staff well and offer progression
- Competitive salary of £19k-£20k