An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Compliance Assistant to join the Birmingham office of an international law firm.
The purpose of this role is to provide proactive and professional administrative and compliance services to the firm, specifically in relation to the taking on by the firm of new business. As a member of the team your role will be to assist in the processing of new clients and new matters for existing clients for all offices, including overseas offices. Your duties will include:
- Carrying out money laundering checks to ensure that the firm complies with its obligations under anti- money laundering legislation and the firm's anti-money laundering policy and liaising with the firm's anti- money laundering compliance supervisor and/or Money Laundering Reporting Officer
- Carrying out conflict searches
- Carrying out business intelligence searches in respect of clients and matters, including client websites, World-Check and other appropriate database
- Checking and verifying information provided by fee earners and secretaries
- Arranging for the implementation of information barriers, where required
You are expected to provide excellent customer service at all times, making positive contributions to the success of the team and building the business of the firm. You will be expected to demonstrate your administrative, IT, organisational and interpersonal skills. You will need to manage your workload proactively and flexibly and perform tasks in a speedy manner. Additional key skills include:
- Strong research skills
- Strong administrative skills
- Strong work ethic
- Can do attitude
- Good telephone manner
- The ability to react speedily and proactively
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of legal terminology and corporate structures
- Dedication to a career in compliance
Applications are invited from a broad ranging candidate base including strong PA's and Administrators, candidates with a Financial Services or Compliance background and graduates with previous office based experience.
Some flexibility in terms of working hours is required as this firm is due to embrace a shift system between the hours of 7.30am and 7pm in the near future to accommodate the needs of their international offices.
This role offers a genuine opportunity to gain Compliance experience within a professional and supportive working environment, gaining exposure to all areas of law and the option to travel to other offices in the UK and overseas.