Customer Service Specialist
Our client are a fantastic FMCG Manufacturing business based in Glasgow, they have an urgent need for a Customer Service Specialist to join the team
This role will suit a forward-thinking, ambitious candidate looking to develop and progress their career in Customer Service and Supply Chain
*Note Recent Graduates with relevant Degrees will be considered for the role*
To fully manage key customer accounts and ensure sales orders are progressed accurately in all respects.
Build a thorough understanding of designated market sectors and be the focal point of contact for allocated customer base for Customers, Commercial team & supply chain colleagues, for all service-related communications.
- Manage a set of allocated accounts in conjunction with other related company functions.
- Process and monitor all orders through company systems from receipt until the title of goods transfers to the customer, at required processing accuracy levels
- Ensure all enquiries and communications are fully progressed within agreed service level commitments
- Liaise with warehousing, forecasting, stock planning, Production, Warehouses and Carriers with respect to availability of orders for despatch / collection
- Ensure execution of all orders to agreed service parameters and performance matrixes and ensure accuracy and consistency of feedback of all orders falling out with agreed targets
- Liaise closely with personnel from other departments e.g. Distribution, Credit Control, and Operations to ensure awareness of potential problems / delays and ensure communication is made to the customer. Where appropriate, propose alternative supply where supply delays occur
- Ensure accurate and uniform customer and shipping data is maintained in the GTA databases for all accounts.
- Oversee records of stocks & depletions at consignment stock warehouses and ensure suitable invoices raised
- Responsibility for the investigation of Customer claims e.g. returns, shortages, damages, non-delivery and where valid raise credit note or otherwise to ensure correct settlement of claims.
- Represent the department at cross functional meetings where requested by the UK team Leader or CS Manager.
- Highlight customer, processing or any other relevant issues to Team leader or departmental meetings.
FMCG industry experience preferred but not essential
Experience of working in a fast paced environment
Past Logistics/ Supply Chain experience essential
What’s on Offer?
Attractive Salary and excellent benefits package
- The chance to make a huge impact with a major FMCG business
To be considered for the role please apply with your updated CV today