Head of Fraud
This role will ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Fraud team to support the Senior Leadership Team, Members, and Trustees in discharging their responsibilities and promoting, investigating, and embedding a zero tolerance policy towards fraud, bribery and corruption across
Duties and responsibilities:
- The role holder will be accountable for the efficient and effective reporting of fraud, bribery and corruption cases to senior management and other stakeholder.
- Lead the Fraud team, working closely with other departments to ensure the continual development and embedding of an efficient and effective counter fraud framework and culture throughout the organisation.
- Setting and executing a vision for countering fraud.
- Ensuring that necessary counter fraud measures are identified and embedded within the internal control structures and systems
- The effective identification and consistent application of the risk based 'triage' approach for all suspected fraud incidents and to manage the teams completion of fraud investigations.
- Supporting in the development of a fit for purpose fraud awareness programme, including new starter induction and on-going refresher training
- As line manager for the Fraud Investigation Lead, to ensure the delivery of high quality investigations that are completed in line with the defined methodology.
- Ensure effective, timely regulatory reporting on fraud matters to relevant stakeholders and to respond to all whistle-blowing incidents in a timely manner.
- Qualified accountant, and/or qualified by relevant professional experience.
- Extensive experience in managing complex fraud investigations (internal and external).
- An understanding of global anti-fraud standards, Fraud Act, UK Bribery Act, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA).
- Demonstrable experience of leading in a fraud investigatory environment.
- Excellent communicator, facilitator and leader.
- Experience of working in a forensic environment.
- Candidates seeking to make a first move out of a practice/professional services firm with relevant Forensics/Fraud accounting experience are welcome to apply.