C++ Software Engineer - deep C++11, Linux, CleanTech
C++ Software Engineer - Linux, deep C++11, CleanTech. Newbury, Berkshire.
We are looking for a standout Software Engineer with in-depth C++ to join a small, highly motivated embedded applications team. You will be joining a deeply impressive, multi award winning technology company; the environment is dynamic, fast paced and highly collaborative.
C++ Software Engineer - the role:
The successful applicant will be responsible for: coding core elements of smart home applications; using test driven development; working with other team members to ensure an end to end working system; liaising with the internal control algorithm research team to deploy energy saving algorithms.
C++ Software Engineer - you will need:
- strong experience in developing on Linux systems
- experience of full design cycle to product quality software
- to be fluent in C and with in-depth C++ (C++11 being main language)
- to follow sound engineering principles
- to have worked in small highly effective teams to successfully over-deliver on expectations
- to have a passion for quality and will have successfully fostered a quality engineering attitude
- good academic qualifications with a numerate degree
- over 3 years industrial experience.
C++ Software Engineer - 'nice to haves' include:
- Understanding of Linux booting and configuration
- good knowledge of control theory and its application in embedded systems
- to believe in agile software development and have used it effectively
- experience in developing Home Area Network application layers for Zigbee or Z-Wave
- embedded development experience
- experience of all levels of the software stack from low level hardware interaction up to applications.
£38,000 - £60,000 DoE + benefits