Accounts Assistant - up to £195k - Excellent Opportunity in St Albans
We are recruiting for an Accounts Assistant to join a well-established and friendly company based in St Albans.
The company are market leaders in design, sourcing, marketing and distribution - offering a design to delivery service, working with key national retailers and several brands.
The successful candidate will be supporting the credit control department within a young, vibrant and social team! Ideally you will have at least 1 years’ admin experience with a keen interest in finance.
The opportunity would be well suited to a college or Uni leaver looking to build on their skills and experience in accounts.
- Processing of account applications, including credit checking
- Raising invoices and credits for ancillary charges and coding to correct general ledger accounts
- Ongoing customer credit report monitoring and weekly reporting on over 700 live accounts
- Raising delivery discrepancy reports and tracking progress through to completion
- Reconciliation and allocation of customer accounts
- Reconciliation of third party credit card processing charges
- Maintaining spreadsheets of service charges
- Process refund requests
- Helping other team members with ad-hoc duties
- At least 1 years’ admin focused experience
- Good Microsoft skills including intermediate Excel
- Good clear and concise communication skills
- Attention to detail
Hours: 40 Hours per week
(Monday-Thursday 8:45 to 5pm with a 45min lunch, Friday 8:45 to 4pm with a 1 hour lunch)
Salary: £19,500 per annum
Staff Benefits: 20 Days holiday plus 8 bank holidays (this increases by 0.5days for every full year of service), onsite parking, Staff discount on the clothing and footwear, discount in JD Sports stores.
Please note due to the number of applications we often receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.