Site Accountant CIRCA £35K
Our client is global volume manufacturer with an excellent reputation. They are currently looking to recruit a site accountant responsible for the compilation of site accounts and processing of the monthly payroll for the site.
- Collect, analyse and interpret financial information as required by the management team, producing internal monthly accounts including profit and loss accounts, budgets and variance analysis
- Establish and maintain accurate accounting procedures to ensure meet compliance requirements
- Process invoices for payment via an online banking facility, producing creditor list and ensuring payments are made in accordance with Company payment terms
- Support statutory accounts in accordance with HMRC requirements and UK finance team.
- Reconcile VAT for submission to regional accounts
- Preparation of monthly internal accounts
- Preparation and processing of monthly payroll, producing year end reconciliations and reports as required
- Participate in physical stock checks in accordance with agreed schedules, providing reports and reconciliations as required
- Reconcile Intrastat for submission to regional accounts
- Supporting external auditors as and when required during year end process, ensuring all aspects of legislation are adhered to, to enable the business to submit Statutory Accounts in a timely manner
- Interface closely with colleagues in all areas of the business
- Contribute to the achievement of the departmental/site targets and personal KPI’s
- Actively participate in any continuous improvement activities within the department/site focusing on cost reduction and promoting efficient working practices.
- Carry out additional and/or other duties as necessary to me the needs of the business
- Full or Part CIMA Qualified
- Excellent communication and people skills with the ability to deal with people at all levels
- Self-motivated with the ability to organise own work load
- Competent in the analysis of financial data
- Capable of developing system and procedures
- Effective problem solving skills