Our Client who is one of the UK's leading commercial vehicle dealership. Due to their continued success Staffbase has been appointed to recruit for the position of Service Advisor to join the busy team in the Birmingham Depot.
Reporting to the Service Manager you will be responsible for undertaking the control and maximising service bookings. Interpreting customer requirements in a courteous and effective manner to ensure that all resources required are available to complete the work on schedule. Duties will include but are not limited to the following:-
- To receive customers and their vehicles in a friendly and professional manner, discuss and confirm their requirements and take responsibility for the vehicle and the customer during it's time at the dealership.
- To take ownership of customer issues and to liaise with relevant parties to form and present a satisfactory resolution for both the business and customer.
- To ensure that the requested work is completed on time and to the expected standards according to established guidelines.
- To keep customers fully and regularly informed of changes to costs and expected completion times/dates ensuring that all job extensions are authorised.
- To develop and sell other (additional) services and products that would help the customer
- To form and build customer relationships fostering trust and long term loyalty.
- To validate and update Dealer management system.
- Use workshop loading tool to schedule and ensure maximum workshop utilisation and profitability through scheduled maintenance, repair, Service 24h and vehicle re-book work, ensuring that work is capable of completion in line with customer's requirements.
- Arrange courtesy vehicles when required
- To raise job packs for vehicles, ensuring that all required supporting documentation/checks have been completed and recorded.
- To promote other services and products to customer as appropriate.
- Ensure proper use is made of technical information available.
The successful candidate will be highly organised with a high attention to deal, with strong communication skills, both written and verbal, as you will be dealing with customers both face to face and over the telephone. You will also need experience in an after sales environment, preferably from a commercial vehicle background, but after sales, service experience in the automotive industry would also be considered. You must be fully focused on providing excellent levels of customer services.
Other experience required: -
- Automotive after sales experience
- Ability to ask diagnostic questions of reported defects based on customer description
- Ability to gain knowledge and understanding of servicing and repair jobs, to be able to estimate times for diagnosis and repair and the ability to determine condition of safety related parts i.e. tyres, brake pads etc.
- Experience in using a dealer management system, preferably Kerridge.
Hours of work:
Alternating rota basis
Mon-Fri 07:00-16:00, 08:00- 17:00, 09:00-18:00 and 1 in 3 Saturdays 7am-12:00