Rapidly expanding, well established Gloucester company is looking to recruit an experienced software engineer to design, develop & test software with-in the organisations ISO 9001 framework.
Working within the development team, you will be involved in the software design and development for our customer facing web-sites and related services, from concept through to completion, helping to deliver high quality solutions to both new and existing customers. You will be involved in design and development of our existing web-sites, the underlying databases and scripts. The business is also looking to move towards mobile friendly web-sites and apps to enhance and compliment the main customer facing web-sites and interface with other company products. As part of this role, you will have the opportunity to assist with identifying suitable technologies, along with the design and development of products based on these.
- A relevant Level 5 qualification and/or at least 12 months related commercial experience.
- Understanding of MVC frameworks such as Zend, Laravel & Code Igniter.
- Knowledge of relational database technologies such as MySQL.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Comfortable working both individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to self-manage workload (multiple concurrent tasks).
- Willingness to learn.
- Flexible approach.
- Understanding of XML/JSON/REST web services.
- Source code management using tools such as Mercurial, Subversion.
- Comfortable working with Object Oriented and Procedural software.
- Knowledge of and experience in the process of design verification and validation.
- An interest in mobile app development and/or web-site design for mobile devices.
- Ability to estimate time/effort required for assigned tasks.
- Issue tracking tools such as JIRA, Bugzilla.
- Agile development framework experience.
Hours of work: 37.5 per week
Salary: £23,000 - £30,000 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
E-mail your CV to; ******************************* or call ************ for more information.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959916882