Quality Systems Engineer
Based in Swansea, the Quality System Engineer is a key member of the quality department, providing essential professional support to the Business Operating System within the business. The Quality System Engineer will assist the Quality Manager by defining, maintaining and improving the company's Business Operating Systems, Procedures, Standards and Work methods, ensuring compliance with regulatory bodies and customer requirements.
My client are part of a global group, they are an established business based in Swansea who continue to grow and supply their products into multiple sectors. You will be joining a business with a great culture and an exceptional leader team.
As a Quality Systems Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Management of the existing Business Operating System regulatory approvals, in accordance with ISO9001, and additional standards, also customer specifics as necessary within each of the business units.
- Plan, coordinate and manage all aspects of the audit process.
- Manage the process-based audit schedule in line with the requirements of the BOS, regulatory, and customer requirements.
- Use available auditing tools, process audits, product audits, and document reviews to identify areas of weakness and opportunities for improvement.
- Prepare and deliver training and instructions on company processes to business units and employees to ensure understanding of BOS throughout the business.
- Identify, collect and analyse monthly performance and quality metrics and other QMS performance data using appropriate methodologies and tools that monitor and measure all aspects of the Business Operating System performance. Report the actions required /implemented in these activities.
- Assist Quality Manager in implementation of fixes to existing weaknesses within the processes currently operating within the business units.
- Facilitate and report progress on improvement actions implemented.
- Maintain Quality metrics and report to the Quality Manager in preparation for Monthly Management Review.
- Responsible for driving implementation / development / deployment of plant wide integrated Business Operating System.
To be considered as a Quality Systems Engineer you will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Ideally qualified to and HND or Degree level in an engineering or equivalent discipline.
- Quality Management System experience and an in-depth knowledge of ISO9001, TS16949, AS9100, ISO14001, ISO18001.
- Proven experience planning, implementing and maintaining a Process based Quality Management System, with extensive knowledge of ISO9001 core requirements.
- Experienced internal auditor, capable of developing, managing and delivering an audit schedule to meet a variety of Quality Management Systems.
- Process auditing experience inline with ISO9001 / AS9100 requirements essential.
- Self-starter, with an ability to lead and direct without the need for constant supervision / direction.
- Demonstrate an ability to work independently, in a highly diverse cross discipline company, interfacing with operational, commercial and technical functions.
- Proven experience utilising Core Tools, such as; Control Planning, FMEA, SPC, Standardised Work, PPAP, 8D Methodology.
- Experience in leading new quality initiatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively all elements of an effective quality management system, acting as a facilitator, mentor, and coach in the adoption of quality initiatives throughout the business.
Circa £35,000 plus benefits and excellent training and development.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959922316