Assistant Store Manager
We are currently looking for an experienced Assistant Store Manager to come and join our team based in Carrickfergus on a full time, permanent basis. You will receive a competitive salary plus benefits.
PPG is the world's largest coatings company operating across 70 different countries and 8 strategic business units. In the UK and Ireland PPG have over 2,500 people working across 6 production facilities and over 200 store locations. We are now looking for a Talent Acquisition consultant to join our HR team on a 1 year fixed term contract. This new post offers the opportunity to make a significant impact as part of a vibrant and motivated HR team.
As our Assistant Store Manager you will ensure a high standard of customer service is adhered to within the Decorating Centre at all times and deputise for Store Operations Manager in his/her absence in order that all daily tasks and functions are completed and maintained in line with company standards and objectives. You will be responsible for the Sales Assistants within the store and the achievement of store sales and profit targets.
Key Responsibilities of our Assistant Store Manager
- Achieve Sales and Profit targets to ensure Company profitability.
- Deputise for Store Manager in all operational and staffing issues, and delegate responsibilities to staff accordingly to maintain the smooth running of the Decorating Centre.
- Perform the banking of all monies within the branch when deputising for Store Manager to ensure branch security and customer account flow.
- Ensure all Health and Safety standards are adhered to within the branch in line with statutory legislation and Company policy.
- Provide training to all new and existing staff as directed by the manager to ensure a good standard of skills transfer and maintain a high level of customer service.
- Oversee and be accountable for stock, which enters or leaves the premises, and to report any discrepancies with the correct paperwork to ensure all Company procedures for stock in and out are adhered to.
- Maintain computerised and manual record system relating to orders, payment, inventory and stocktaking to ensure optimum stock balance and financial security.
- Provide a high level of customer service, identify customer needs, provide assistance and product knowledge to improve service levels.
- Ensure a good standard of housekeeping within the Decorating Centre to ensure that the company standards are maintained which in turn will assist in the unhindered completion of tasks and functions and also assist in risk and accident prevention.
- Ensure branch operating standards achieve the level of excellence required.
What we're looking for in our Assistant Store Manager
- Good knowledge of Company products.
- Ability to delegate.
- Good understanding of Company Electronic Point Of Sale (EPOS) IT system.
- IT literate, particularly keyboard skills
- Full clean driving license
- Good communication skills.
- Self motivated and ability to motivate others.
- Previous experience in a retail or warehouse environment would be preferred but not essential.
- Work well as part of a team
- Flexible in attitude towards working hours and duties.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you'd like to join us as our new Assistant Store Manager then please click 'apply' today - don't miss out, we'd love to hear from you!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959922321