Technical Architect (Domain)
Technical Architect (Domain Hosting)
3 month contract
An Architecture Domain Lead position reports into the Architecture Regional Lead position within the Global Infrastructure Services Organisation.
The Architecture Domain Lead of a Domain Architecture must ensure that all architects working within the given domain have sufficient knowledge of technologies, standard offerings and procedures to act successfully in fulfilling their daily tasks.
The Architecture Domain Lead will be the first point of contact for new projects within the given domain, and will be responsible for development of the initial TDM which will serve as the technology guidance if it is decided to proceed with the project. Providing vision, leadership and direction for developing and architecting initiatives and solutions.
Provides direction on how the Client enables/shapes business strategy, and ensures personnel and IT investments, resources, and staff are achieving intended results.
Responsible for the contact to other regional peers, and through this contact ensure that processes and standards are aligned with other regions.
Participates in overall team investment planning, using a current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems as they relate to the company's competitive position and other business requirements.
The Architecture Domain Lead, is also an architectural resource, and will act as an architect on account projects as well as participate in developing standard offerings where appropriate.
The Architecture Domain Lead is accountable for delivery of architecture and engineering services into the region ensuring:
- Solutions are offerings/client driven, leveraged, measured and monitored
- Account engagements are strategically focused at an enterprise level with a blended optimization/ innovation focus
- Collaboration with managers, peers and architects to increase the effectiveness of Architecture
- The breadth and depth of the Business is harnessed within accounts
- Alliance Partners recognize the Client as highly effective in bringing their best value to the customer
- Architects feel valued and empowered, "the Architects Organisation of Choice"
- Alignment of architecture accountabilities and responsibilities
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Technology: Provides leadership in leveraging appropriate offerings, standards and technologies to effectively support clients, company-wide/operating group's service delivery and staff operational efficiency. Analyses the latest trends in the marketplace pertaining to industry, process, process improvement, and technology.
People: Establishes and maintains relationships with direct reports, internal and external groups, and consultants to build expertise and access to technical resources. Supports the development of strategic relationships with account stake holders, offering teams and alliance partners. Works with offerings teams and alliance partners to meet client objectives.
Client: Ensures proper application of the Client's Offerings and technical Information Technology (IT) infrastructure solutions to meet mission critical commitments. Provides direction to map client's strategic business needs and technology plans to the Client's capabilities and offerings.
Business: Provides leadership in promoting the appropriate use of relevant offerings and technical IT infrastructure to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of company operations. Works with account teams to define opportunities and solutions for clients. Participates in opportunity identification, development, and commitments.
Financial: Coordinates with the Client's Teams, industry CTOs, team peers, and other company executives on ways to improve cost/benefits through standardisation and automation support of the technical IT infrastructure.
Essential Job Functions: The Architecture Domain Lead responsible for Architecture within their given Domain into the region:
- Liaise with the Domain Leads and Groups to share/align strategy, processes and standards.
- Accountable for creating the environment where Architects are valued and empowered. Setting appraisal objectives that are in alignment with the organisation. Accountable to provide technical expertise, mentoring and guidance Architects. Responsible for executing the appraisal process in such a way that facilitates and incorporates customer feedback process and evaluation to ensure staff remains relevant and focused. Creation of development plans. Co-agreement with Architecture Regional Lead on appraisal performance ratings. Accountable for up to 30 direct reports
- Accountable to ensure account engagements are strategically focused with a blended optimisation/ innovation focus. To market the team and assist in the recognition and growth of the Client. Ensure industry strategic road-maps are developed, maintained and evolved. Provide the industry specific taxonomy and relevance to the road-map. Provide the understanding of the regulatory and industry standards climate in which the strategic road-map must live. Evolve strategic road-maps into technology and innovation plans that support account/client needs and business strategy. Develop demand forecast for solutions based on account and industry feedback. Accountable to provide feedback/insight to the Offering teams and shape the Services Catalog. Collaborate with account leadership teams. Understand account needs. Responsible for escalation, engaging with and resolving issues relating to architecture and account leadership. Identify and pursue potential business opportunities. Assist the account team to take the industry specific strategic road-map and develop the account specific strategic road-map and/or innovation plan. Use account feedback to evolve the strategic road-map and demand forecast. Lead account based Architecture teams clarifying roles and responsibilities within the industry aligned vertical team. Communicate / collaborate effectively and regularly with other innovation leaders in the business.
- Responsible for Architecture practice management. For budget feedback including staffing and training requirements. Ensure the productivity and effectiveness of the organisation by defining/ utilising standards, best practices and promoting reuse. To collaborate with Regional Architecture Leads and peer Domain leads in developing the overall practice. Active in sourcing/ assignment process. Leading the development of the Architecture capability across the business to include: Research Services, Technology Innovation, IT Strategy and Planning, Technology Inventory, Integration, Architecture Delivery, Availability, and Practice Management.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience (Degree in computer science, business administration, or related field preferred)
- Twelve or more years of technical leadership
- Significant depth and breadth of information technology experience and awareness including:
o 15 or more years of experience working in the information technology industry specifically relating to large operational data center environments, applications, and information technologies.
o The ability to understand technology and operational practices and apply to client situations
o Being prepared to provide 'Thought Leadership' to Clients growing into new technology
o A solid understanding of the ITIL Framework and Processes
o A disposition toward innovative and creative thinking
o An ability to demonstrate the value of technology and services to Clients and Account teams.
o An ability to understand if solutions are feasible, workable and operable and communicate that clearly to Clients and Account teams.
- Experience working with technical products
Industrial Manufacturing Industry, Political Savvy (Competency), Solution Architecture, Storage/Backup Architecture, Technical Architecture.
If you have the above skills please send your CV
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959917989