Salary: c. £19k - £21k + excellent benefits package
Lloyd Recruitment Services are delighted to be recruiting on behalf of a well-established, highly reputable FTSE250 financial services group that seek a Finance Assistant to join their operations team.
Working in a team of 4, the role focuses on the delivery of financial control surrounding all cash payments and receipts made by the business as part of its daily trading activities. Reconciliations between the company bank accounts, client systems and transactions that are posted and processed by other teams.
Additionally, the role also focuses on the Intermediary relationships that provide the business with new business leads. This will include reviewing and compiling invoices for month end reconciliations and communicating directly with the brokers.
Cashbooks and Reconciliations
- Reconciliation of GBP cashbooks to operating system and bank accounts.
- Provide departmental cover for currency cashbooks and reconciliations
- Monthly reconciliation of control accounts including the identification and resolution of clearing items / reconciliation differences
- Calculate monthly intermediary commission and calculate accrual required for the month end
- Communicate commissions owed to the intermediaries via mail merge and by post
- Obtain approval for the invoices received from intermediaries and pass these onto the accounts payable team for payment, ensuring that invoices received match the commission figures
- Maintain a commission master report which shows all live intermediary relationships by accurately adding new relationships and removing all terminated relationships
- Ownership of the Intermediary policy ensuring this is regularly reviewed and updated
- Produce all Intermediary term letters upon request from the Sales Team ensuring the appropriate approval has been received
- Daily business funding, including maintenance and reconciliation of funding reports
- Provide cover for Client payment and support team in the daily currency sale process
- Daily posting of debit / credit notes to the operating system
- Manage, monitor and input all legal fee related income and expenditure
Other monthly tasks
- Maintenance of the sports and social accounts working with the Bank Financial Control team
- Report on the vision and values expenditure
- Reconciliation and reporting of bank charges incurred
- Creation management information on monthly non-core income lines
Skills & Experience Required
The client will consider applications from those with a Finance Assistant/Accounts background, ideally educated to degree level standard (or equivalent), however will also consider those with educated to A level standard (or equivalent).
Previous experience on SAP would be advantageous.
Study towards AAT or ACCA is also highly desirable. Whilst this is not essential, a genuine willingness to study towards these qualifications will be expected, the client will support professional studies.
The client seeks those who are highly motivated, driven, and ambitious, and who would view this opportunity as a career move as opposed to just a job. There is the genuine potential to develop your career within this environment.
- Strong numeracy skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills with a strong focus on Excel
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Ability to work to deadlines, especially during reporting periods
- Able to work on own initiative or with others on tasks with minimum supervision
Due to the high volume of applications, only those who are shortlisted will be contacted.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959918277