Field Service Technician - Trainee or Experienced
Title: Trainee (or experienced) Field Service Technician
Reporting to: Field Area Supervisor
Location: Glastonbury, Taunton, Weston-Super-Mare
- Service and maintain petrol station equipment.
- Keep the company records updated in a timely manner
- Ensure the integrity and safety of their workplace
- Install and maintain various manufacturers equipment and systems
- Report any unsafe acts or operations to the Health and Safety Officer
- Provide details of any accident damage work to Service Facility for further quoting
- Prompt returning of worksheets for invoicing.
- Attend calls as dispatched by service facility
- Ensuring all calls are attended promptly as required within SLA
- Process works on PDA, ordering / requesting parts or support as required. Once call is completed pick up next job in allocated box and drive to next site, adhering to company Health and Safety rules at all times.
- Miscellaneous Duties
As per Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Employee’s must also
- Take care of their own health and safety and that of others
- Co-operate with their employers
- Not interfere with anything provided in the interest of health and safety
Skills & Abilities Required (Essential):
- Technical Awareness
- Ability to understand and comply with Health & Safety- Organisational H&S policy and rules
- Ability to work as part of a small team or alone
- Positive attitude with flexible approach to work
- Good communication skills
- Computer literate
- UKPIA certification (within one month of start date)
- Full UK Driving Licence
Skills & Abilities Required (Desirable):
- Qualification in technical discipline (mechanical/electrical/electronic)
- Good customer service skills and experience
- Knowledge of PC Hardware, Networking and IT troubleshooting would be an advantage
- Once in position candidate to receive training in line with Health & Safety Law.