Technical Operations Manager - Microsoft, Cloud
Technical Operations Manager required with leadership and strong technical / hands on background in MS Windows Infrastructure , ideally Microsoft Azure or Cloud Computing, core internet technologies (Routing, switching, networking and security to lead small team building and running cloud / web centric systems and software services is required by market leading software house in West Suffolk to join their Agile IT function.
Commutable from areas of Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, North Essex and Hertfordshire such as Cambridge, Bishop Stortford, Saffron Waldon, Stanstead, Bury St Edmunds, Northern Essex such as Colchester, Halstead, Sudbury etc
You will have:
- Experience leading, managing and growing technical operations teams (e.g. Windows DevOps, Windows Sys Admins)
- Strong experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing platform and services
- Experience in core internet technologies (routing, switching, load balancing, monitoring traffic and general network infrastructure)
- Good experience working to, and managing, operational targets (KPIs, SLAs etc).
- You have strong security awareness and exceptional diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Experience planning, or contributing to strategies and costs for scaling infrastructure
You may also have skills in
- Experience with ITIL
- Cloud data-persistence technologies and security challenges around multi-tenanted cloud solutions
- Experience with Azure Application Insights for performance and availability monitoring and alerting
- Updating processes, policies, infrastructure and security to support additional GDPR requirements
Key Elements of the role will include
- Take ownership of technical operations, networks and security for our B2B production cloud services; plus internal infrastructure and applications
- Develop and mentor a small, but perfectly formed technical operations team
- Build and execute plans to scale performance, security and capacity in line with company growth
- Ensure that appropriate security practices are in place to meet GDPR requirements and maintain our ISO-27001 certification
- Be a strong practitioner of DevOps processes, have knowledge of infrastructure as code and a good understanding of network security
- Ensure production and business-critical services are highly-available and backed by a Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery strategy
- Establish operational and change management processes to support an agile continuous delivery model
- Take technical responsibility for incident management; setting SLAs and monitoring service levels and managing technical resolution
This is a new role and will be ideal for someone who wants a role which is a mix of line management for a team of two, and will offer the chance to work on MS infrastructure / Azure best practice, be a strong advocate for DevOps / Automation as well as set up capabilities and take ownership for operational management within a Agile environment , KPI's and change and capacity as well as develop operational dashboards for the estate. The role will also be involved working with potential and existing to advise on infrastructure / security related setup's and issues.
The role would be suitable for a team leader of senior hands on engineer who has some line management experience and wants a step up or a heads on manager who fancies a rounded role where they can have an impact.
Opus Resourcing is an employment agency in respect of permanent positions.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959922701