Network Analyst CCNP & R&S Qualified - Central London - £50,000 + bens and profit share
WAN design and technologies I routing protocols I BGP, ISE, ASA and TrustSec.
WE are looking for a Network Analyst to join a global firm of designers, engineers and consultants
The Network Analyst role sits within the global network team who are providing support for teh firms LAN, WLAN and WAN infrastructure. Network technologies used are predominantly Cisco with some Riverbed. The Network Analyst is an operational role supporting various technologies that make up this large global network. There will be involvement in occasional design work and opportunities to assist with global project roll outs; the team are currently engaged with rolling out a new edge design incorporating Cisco Umbrella, in the near future work will be starting on Cisco ISE deployment.
- The role will involve working closely with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Maintaining and developing relationships within the group and with other technical staff is necessary.
- The team consists of five analysts based in London, with two more outside of UK.
- Role’s core responsibility is to provide daily network support, which is a key function, covering LAN, WAN, WLAN and security.
- Packages used to facilitate support include ServiceNow, Solarwinds, SteelCentral and Prime.
- From time to time there will be a requirement to work as part of a project team, delivering key technologies to the firm.
- At times the role may be required to interaction with external vendors
- The position may be required to take part in on-call support rota on an as needed basis.
Requirements and skills
- Minimum CCNP R&S qualification.
- At least three years hands-on experience in an operational enterprise environment.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Strong knowledge and experience of BGP routing protocol and WAN technologies.
- Experience of Cisco security technologies, including ISE, ASA and TrustSec.
- Ability to work with vendors to troubleshoot problems across hardware, software and supplied services.
- Experience of working with Carriers to troubleshoot circuit status and delivery across the WAN
- Working knowledge of Windows, AD, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, SMB
Essential Skills and knowledge:
- WAN design and operation
- Routing protocols, BGP and EIGRP essential
- ISR and ASR routers
- NBAR, DMVPN, HQoS, IPSec, etc.
- Cisco Identity Service Engine
- Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance
- SGT, Cisco TrustSec
- LAN design and operation
- Catalyst 3650, 3560, 3850, 2960, 4500, Nexus 7k, 5k & 2k
- Riverbed Steelheads and Controller
- Riverbed SteelCentral products, such as NetProfiler, NetShark, Portal, AppResponse
- Solarwinds NPM
- Cloud environment connectivity in O365, MSAzure and AWS
- Cisco Umbrella
- WLAN design and operation
- WLC 5508, 2500 and integrated, various AP’s
- Management using Prime and LMS
- F5 experience
- Cisco Anyconnect
- Riverbed Steelheads
The benefits package is first class and the technology and project are always interesting. If this
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959920037