Project Manager - Control Systems - Nuclear
AD Energy are working with a leading Control Systems business, who due to continued growth are hiring a Project Manager for their Nuclear Energy unit.
Our client has a portfolio of systems contracts to be delivered to major clients within the Nuclear Industry, some integrating with existing C&I systems, some stand alone and some greenfield.
Having just come off the back of a fantastic 2017, they are now re-investing in a number of key hires to win, and deliver the significant project pipeline they have.
Project values range from anywhere between £10,000 right up to several £Ms, and include a range of turnkey solutions based generally upon PLC/SCADA technology and including hardwired/logic based safety systems.
Some contracts also include site installation and cabling etc. Based upon world class products the contracts cover Requirements Definition, Design, Substantiation, Implementation, Testing, Installation, Commissioning and the ongoing support.
Below is an outline of the role:
- Senior management role responsible for a number of contracts cumulatively £several m, inception through to delivery within demanding timescales
- Ensuring portfolio of projects are delivered to timescale, specification, budget and customer satisfaction
- Work closely with production and hardware engineering facilities based at Head office
- Financial responsibility for all contracts, including subcontracts for specialist works and supplies
- People-management responsibility for leading and motivating a team of project managers, hardware, software and installation engineers - currently at around 30
- Responsibility for all Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety aspects of the projects through the Company Q,H&S Manager and project H&S Advisor
- Assist in securing future business by cultivating customer expectations through excellent delivery
- Degree qualified, ideally from an electrical engineering background
- At least 10 years demonstrable full E,C&I project management experience within the nuclear industry or similar regulated background
- Experience of NEC3 /4 contracting
- Excellent negotiator
- Must have demonstrable track record of achieving project timescales, margins, customer satisfaction and quality
- Experience of subcontractor management
Ideally, we are looking for the successful candidate to hold a recognized project management qualification (for example, PRINCE 2, APMP) as well as a recognized safety qualification (for example IOSH managing Safely)
Experience of CEMAR would also be a significant advantage.
On offer is a salary of around £50,000 with strong benefits package including car or car allowance, bonus and defined career progression.
Get in touch to discuss in more detail.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959921416