Senior Buyer - Automotive Manufacturer
Senior Buyer – Automotive Manufacturer
Reporting to the European Purchasing Director, this role is a fantastic opportunity to join a celebrated global developer and manufacturer of automotive components.
Our clients’ portfolio of customers includes some of the biggestvehiclemanufacturers in the world. They have the solidity of some 30 years’ success in supplying reliable products to these Original Equipment Manufacturing giants and backed by this strength, have this requirement at their UK Headquarters.
Ideally located – Chelmsford, Basildon, London, Cambridge, Harlow, Watford, St Albans
£Competitive + Benefits etc.
Purpose: To provide a quality, cost effective purchasing service to the company dealing with internal and external customers. To be part of a professional Purchasing team which meets both the company and departmental goals and objectives.
- Maintain and update cost savings data for monthly submission.
- Maintain approved suppliers listing including payment terms and annual spend.
- To represent the Purchasing Department on any Cross Functional Team to which they may be assigned by the European Purchasing Director.
- Carry-out to completion any reasonable task or project as defined by the European Purchasing Director.
- To support the company operations, with its emphasis on lean & continuous improvement, with supplies of materials and services as demanded by the systems and processes.
- To negotiate blanket supply agreements to allow the cells to call-off material as required.
- To assist in resolving late or potential late deliveries of components to meet demand.
- To negotiate cost reductions of material and services to obtain the best total delivered costs and to meet the annual departmental cost down targets.
- To assist in maintaining a supply base that provides the optimum service in quality, price, delivery and management, within the total targeted numbers.
- To be continually striving to extend the payment terms of existing and new suppliers to meet the company goals of “total day’s payable”.
- The ability to travel to suppliers based in Europe and Asia and build on relationships. To identify new suppliers for both brokered products and components.
- An understanding of electronic devices and procurement of components.
- To assist, when required, to provide a service to our R&D department for quotations and sourcing of new components, and to progress from request to receipt.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to join a leading manufacturing company and become part of a highly successful and driven team.
Apply in Confidence
Gary is an ethical IRP registered recruiter and will deal with your application in strict confidence. If your application is successful, you will be contacted directly by Gary and he will talk you through in detail the full company role and specifics.
Don’t delay, we’re hiring now, apply today!
JOB REF 2760GH
Glen Callum Associatesare a leading automotive and industrial recruitment agency for sales, operational and marketing positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.
By applying for this role you accept the iProfile terms and conditions (terms) and agree to receive email notification of other suitable jobs