SEO and Web Development Executive
An exciting opportunity to join a high-tech business that is really going places, and use your digital and English language skills to make a real contribution to its future growth.
Dotwise (formerly UKcentric Ltd) - The Company
Founded in 1999, we are a small, friendly and hardworking web development and digital marketing company based in Surbiton, Surrey. We use our skills and experience in digital marketing to deliver website development and maintenance, SEO, Social Media, PPC campaigns to our customers.
Reporting to the MD (and Head of SEO), this newly-created SEO and Web Development Executive role will assist in the development and implementation of our clients’ SEO plans. This will include conducting technical audits, advising on SEO/search engine best practise and implementing a plan of work across new pages, features, and improvements to our customers’ websites.
Specific tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Using in depth SEO knowledge and keyword analysis to support the MD on development of SEO strategy for client sites
- Monitoring keywords against competitors
- Working with bloggers on delivery of keyword focused content
- Managing each client’s SEO project and identifying new SEO tactics
- Delivering new pages, features, plugins, stylesheets, images etc. on all client sites
- Being the first point of contact for customers in respect of SEO and web development requirements
- Answering the telephone, assisting with SEO/technical enquiries and taking messages
- Liaising with suppliers in relation to content delivery
- Liaising closely with the Managing Director, Head of Paid Search and Client Coordinator on a daily basis, to report progress and agree priorities
- Attending and contributing to client meetings
- Presenting complex information in a digestible and compelling format
- Proactively monitoring and reporting back on performance of SEO initiatives
- Working in Excel and Google Data Studio.
The role is a full time position based at our offices in Surbiton. In addition to all the usual bank holidays, you will also enjoy generous annual holiday entitlement including your birthday off.
To be a perfect fit for this role, you will have at least 2 years’ SEO and web development experience. You will be determined to learn and master all things relating to SEO and digital marketing. You will be self-motivated, keen and willing to work to tight deadlines. You will exude confidence, and be able to multi-task and keep calm under pressure.
You must have amazing attention to detail and the patience to continually refine and review your work.
Although part of a small team, you will be working unsupervised for a good proportion of your time, so self-discipline and great planning and organising skills are a must.
As you will be customer-facing and communicating directly with customers, you will need to be a consummate communicator with a good telephone manner and excellent spoken and written English.
Technical knowledge and skills needed
You will have demonstrable experience in some or all of the following technologies:
- SEO tools (Screaming Frog, SEMrush etc)
- Google Analytics
Knowledge of other web technologies such as ASP.NET, C#, Microsoft SQL Server etc., will be very advantageous.
If you are looking for your next career move, where you can use your technical and communication skills to really make a difference, apply today. Send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are the right candidate for this role.