Electronics Engineering Manager
Electronics Engineering Manager
This is an immediate requirement for an Engineering Manager or Lead Engineer with both the experience and desire to manage the companies Electronics Discipline.
A great opportunity has arisen for an Engineering Manager to work for a leading Electronics design company in the South Buckinghamshire area. This Engineering Manager role will be working on a number of new programmes and products being developed for both the UK and international markets.
The Engineering Manager for Electronics acts as the management focus for the staff predominantly engaged in the development of electronic products or sub-assemblies; provides guidance to IPT leads as to the capabilities, capacity, and availability of the staff within the discipline for deployment to the required projects in order to maximise efficiency of the design process, provide the requisite management reporting, and facilitate cross IPT and cross-site communication.
Additionally the role is to support co-ordination between the various engineering and non-engineering disciplines, assist engineers with the operation of the systems and processes, and to suggest and implement improvements.
Re-locators are also welcome to apply and my client can offer assistance to those who qualify.
JOB DESCRIPTION & REQUIREMENTS
Responsibilities for this Engineering Manager role
- Providing day to day management of the discipline.
- The Engineering Manager participates in resourcing reviews with programme managers to actively manage resourcing conflicts, whilst maintaining engineering support to other non-technical business functions. The role includes attending various planning and co-ordination meetings, as well as attending to administrative duties.
- The Engineering manager is responsible for the planning and realisation of electronics staff personal development, facilities planning, continuous improvement and similar tasks
- With the Chief Engineer, setting the objectives and development plans for members of the discipline and oversee the implementation
- Supporting the responsiveness of customer queries on electronics products
- Ensuring that the staff have monthly one-to-one sessions for the PDRs.
- Actively adjudicate project plans from the IPTs in order to assess the resource loading for the function, and support the resolution of any conflicts arising. Reviewing and agreement to relevant project estimates.
- Creating and managing the future skills matrix, training plans and recruitment plan for electronics engineering staff.
- Generating future investment cases to support capability growth/sustainment.
- Supporting and contributing to process improvement activities for the function.
- Contributing information for formulation of KPIs for the function.
- Managing the development lab facilities and coordinating usage and future improvements.
Requirements for this Engineering Manager role
- Strong data analysis skills with excellent knowledge of ERP, SharePoint and document management systems.
- Engineering competence suitable to 'sanity check' project development plans, play an active role in design reviews, and suggest solutions to design issues
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven management experience leading technical staff
- Ability to work under pressure and make business decisions using own initiative
- Degree Qualified in an engineering or science discipline
- Previous experience managing development staff in the avionics electronics field (desirable)
- Experience working with ERP, formal change processes, engineering documents and data
- Familiarity with formal change control and corrective action processes
- An understanding of export compliance classification (desirable)
- Competent in all areas of MS Office, including report writing
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959917265