Lead Oncology Pharmacist
About The Facility
HCA Healthcare UK is the world's largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services provider 2016'.
The London Bridge Hospital campus is made up of an outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard, our world-class hospital based in Tooley Street, and five outpatient and diagnostic centres across Central London, Canary Wharf and Kent. In May 2017, we welcomed our new Cancer Centre at Guy's. Here, consultants from London's top teaching hospitals offer full surgical provisions in urology, gynaecology and breast, as well as reconstructive surgery.
We were delighted that London Bridge Hospital recently achieved an 'Outstanding' accreditation by the healthcare regulators Care Quality Commission. Noted for our innovative practice, when you join us you'll help us to continue our pioneering research and provide cutting-edge services and treatments
Working closely with the Lead Haematology Pharmacist, you will be responsible for the provision of a comprehensive, safe and effective pharmacy service within the London Bridge Hospital. You will provide leadership for the clinical oncology service and support the technical team to maintain and operate the aseptic production unit as well as the dispensary.
As an active member of the Pharmacy Senior Management Team, you will assist with the quality, governance, and assurance of pharmacy services, ensuring that all relevant standards, professional statutory and operation are assured as compliant.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsibility for the daily provision of the all aspects of the pharmacy services within London Bridge Hospital campus.
- Developing and maintaining the pharmacy aseptic unit, business planning, governance, assurance and performance.
- Ensuring staff comply with safe handling requirements for cytotoxic and teratogenic drugs and that safe systems of work are adhered to at all times.
- Development, implementation, validation, monitoring, maintenance and good governance of the electronic systems.
- Support the Pharmacy Manager to raise the profile of the pharmacy within and outside of the company, develop effective workforce planning initiatives and identify new opportunities for business growth
- Develop an effective working relationship with clinical and medical professions and promote active involvement of pharmacy in the multidisciplinary team.
- To collaborate, when required, with both senior clinical and non-clinical mangers to formulate and implement strategy for clinical services.
- Provide support and supervision to pharmacists and technicians working within the London Bridge Hospital campus. To act as a tutor or mentor for staff, when required.
- If required, to assist in the teaching and tutoring of pharmacists on post-graduate clinical pharmacy education and pharmacy technicians
- Lead on best practice in current and future thinking in the development of pharmacy services at London Bridge Hospital campus.
Skills & Experience
Registered with GPhC
Specialist knowledge in oncology and aseptic production
A least 5 years hospital pharmacy experience within Oncology.
BD Cato knowledge and Haematology experience are desirable but not essential.