Online Trading Manager
Implement & deliver the online range and merchandising strategy for specific categories in order to maximise customer experience, sales and profit delivered for CPS across online and associated channels eg click & collect and home delivery.
Based in Northamptonshire this FTSE 250 business is a builders merchant and home improvement retailer. It operates across 1,900 outlets and had more than 27,000 employees in the UK and Ireland. This division supply's to a wide range of customers. As well as selling branded products, the division has developed successful own brand products.
- Deliver relevant and engaging online product experience, and the optimum user journey, for the small and medium installer base, to support their service and purchasing objectives
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the target customer base and market.
- Review competitive websites to evaluate site merchandise, promotional tactics, customer experience, and product presentation.
- Translate findings into executable, cohesive online & offline merchandising calendars, ensuring appropriate merchandising opportunities are created for both on & offline channels
- Assist with sales catalogue management and maintenance as required using the site merchandising tool to optimise both user and commercial requirements.
- Execute Category plans via effective online merchandising of product & rich content, and cross channel digital marketing campaigns. Ensure that the product which is merchandised by the business meets customer needs, and work closely with Commercial and Supply Chain, Product Data, Marketing teams to execute implementation
- Monitor & analyse performance of results (online & offline), and report & feedback to ensure that range evolves alongside customer needs
- Evolve and make on-site search & navigation efficient, commercially productive and ensure customers achieve the best on-site product experience in the merchant market
- Ensure that the objectives and outcomes of the Group PIM project and of local data cleansing & enhancement effort are aligned, and delivering for, the needs of the online user and product experience
- Commercial track record in planning & implementation for merchandising, pricing, marketing & communications, & operations
- Working with commercial & operational data in complex legacy systems
- Hands on knowledge & experience of reporting / analysis
- Working with a network of stakeholders around a large organisation
- Developing customer value propositions
- Working with complex data sets / projects
- Delivery of business / operational initiatives
a competitive salary with benefits and great opportunity to develop in the business
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959919182