Senior Credit Controller - German
An excellent opportunity for a German speaking Senior Credit Controller to join the EMEA subsidiary a successful and expanding international business. City of London office.
The German speaking Senior Credit Controller will play a key role within the finance team, working with high-value customers accross EMEA to manage the receivables for several of the company’s brands . He or she will also guide a credit controller and cash allocation clerk in their duties.
The Senior Credit Controller will be covering the UK, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, the Middle East and Africa. There will be regular high-level contact with customers and colleagues alike, to keep business flowing within payment terms.
Priority will be to maintain positive relationships with blue chip clients. Customer accounts are relatively few in number and high in value, so the emphasis will be on presenting a professional and engaging credit control presence that is collaborative and quality driven.
• To control multiple ledgers of EMEA businesses
• Reduce and maintain the 90+ aged debt in line with group expectations
• Improve and maintain the overall DSO
• Maximise cash collection and minimise bad debt by handling billing and payment issues.
• Speed of cash collection
• Age of debt outstanding
• Percentage of debt overdue, DSO, Bad Debt
- Oversee new account set up
- Negotiate and communicate with customers and colleagues.
- Log notes and documentation on the collection system
- Obtain current information on accounts as required.
- Investigate and resolve short payments including forex and withholding tax related matters
- Ensure unmatched cash and credit notes are correctly identified and allocated.
- Identify issues attributing to account delinquency and discuss them with local managements and billing teams
- Update management team on performance of the ledgers / KPI reporting
- To report queries reported by the customers to the client engagement managers for resolution
- Build and maintain strong internal and external relationships
Internal Relationships: Sales, Customer Managers, Revenue Directors, Billing Team, Finance
External Relationships: Clients at FD level / HR Director Level / Heads of Leaning and Development / Financial Shared Service Centre Managers, outsourced service providers
- Fluent in German and English, both verbal and written
- Several years’ experience of credit control with a focus on cash collections
- Business to Business experience including a corporate / blue chip customer base
- Knowledge of Billing and Collections procedures
- The ability to manage accounts receivable administration - cash allocation, invoicing, some journal entries
- Experience of working in multiple currencies
- Credit control of UK, German and foreign collections including the Middle East & Africa international customers
- Collecting from of large multinational businesses & understanding standard corporate Purchase-to-Pay (PTP) processes / finance shared service centres
- Multiple currency billings, collections & banking
- W9’s, Tax Residency Certificates, Withholding Tax
- Strong MS Office skills, advanced skills with Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Good Interpersonal skills. Good Assertive telephone manner
- Supportive to colleagues, builds cross functional team relationships.
- Able to plan and organise daily workload ensuring call cycles are met
- Commitment to results and excellent customer service
- Creative, self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently and with a sense of urgency.
This is a permanent vacancy with a salary of circa £34k, plus 10% bonus and extensive blue chip benefits.
If this is of interest please apply with an updated CV in word format, along with a covering note explaining your current work situation, notice period and salary requirement.