SEN Teaching Assistant: South Manchester
SEN Teaching Assistant required in South Manchester
I am currently seeking a teaching assistant to support students at a senior school in South Manchester.
This school provides support for students functioning from P Scale 6 to National Curriculum Level 2 on entry to Year 7.All pupils have an Individual Education Plan, utilising records of achievement and progress.
I am looking for a TA with the ability to support pupils behaviourally, academically, and with aspects of personal and medical care. You would also be required to support the teacher and other support staff by contributing to Records of Achievement Evidence. This school offers a varied curriculum, including a range of vocational subjects such as catering and animal care.
The hours will be 8:30am-4pm Monday to Friday.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Supporting pupils with emotional and/or behavioural difficulties associated with learning difficulties
- Supporting with pupils with complex medical and physical disabilities, including feeding procedures and low level medical procedures
- Supporting pupils with personal care where needed
- Assisting with and carrying out intervention techniques as per school policy (Team Teach)
- Supporting pupils by understanding their Individual Education Plan, their level of progress, (using BSquared and P Levels) and their communication systems e.g. PECS/Signalong/Objects of Reference/Symbols
If you would like to apply for this position, please email across a CV to or give me a call on