Do you have experience in tendering and procurement?
I'm looking for an experienced Buyer to support my tier 1 client on a heavy civil engineering project in South of England. This freelance position will continue for 3 months, based out of the office in Redhill. You will need to work closely with the project staff to meet the procurement schedule for projects, in accordance with procurement policies and processes.
The selected candidate must have experience with COINS system - purchase order system
Location: Redhill, Surrey
Contract length: 3 months
Roles and responsibilities
- Managing an Assistant Buyer
- Reporting to the Commercial Director
- Using the right purchasing procedures that efficiently and effectively deliver goods to contracts.
- Providing a good personal service to colleagues, ensuring the purchasing of goods meets their operational needs.
- Being price competitive when purchasing materials.
- Purchase Materials and Sub Contractors for allocated sites
- Identify key material and provide information to site teams for efficient procurement
- Provide feedback on financial performance of materials
- Attend supplier meeting to discuss supply challenges (price, quality, availability)
Benefits for you:
- Competitive rates
- The opportunity to work for a well-known contractor
- A great location, which is easy to get to
- A degree in Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering or similar / Equivalent HND (not necessary)
- Experience working with a tier 1 contractor working on LU projects
- Demonstrable experience as a Buyer and within Procurement
- Experience in construction materials buying is essential
- Previous experience of sub-contract procurement
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in COINS system
If you are interested in this role, or are a Quantity Surveyor looking at your career options, then please contact Morgan Broughton at Randstad CPE on .
Alternatively, if you know someone who may be interested we offer a £200 referral fee for successfully placed candidates.
Add me on LinkedIn to stay updated with all the opportunities I have available for Quantity Surveyors of all levels: https://in/morgan-broughton-171808a7/
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.