Development Design Engineer - Solidworks/Creo
GCS have a permanent role as detailed below:
It's working as a development design engineer with the Solidworks package (The company are moving over from Creo).
Key aspects of the role will include:
* Development of whole products as from concept to production drawings.
* Create detailed designs considering budget, timescales and production limitations.
* Generating and populating necessary information for the management system to keep up project administration.
* Rapid prototyping, functional lab testing and analysis of test data.
* Work with external manufacturing partners and other suppliers.
Background experience would be as follows:
* Proven experience as a Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineer or Development Designer.
* Qualified to degree level in either PhD, MSc, MA, MEng, BA, BEng or BSc Product Design, Mechanical Engineering, Product or Innovation Engineering.
* An understanding of multi-material manufacturing processes such as plastic injection moulding, CNC machining, sheet metal, wood as well as electrical components and various other manufacturing processes.
* Experience using 3D CAD (Solidworks, CREO)
This role is working for a company who specialise in product design as well as the development of innovative ideas for the purpose of manufacture.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959922645