Product Marketing Manager
At SharkNinja we’re not satisfied with creating the ordinary. Breaking through the boundaries of design, excited by innovation, aspiring to enhance daily life with each and every one of our products, whether that be a vacuum, a steam mop, a blender or a coffee machine. Does this excite you? If so you could be just what we are looking for.
Are you organised with good attention to detail? Do you enjoy working in a fast paced and often challenging environment? Do you have the ability to successfully manage a number of projects at once? If you answered yes to any of the above then you are definitely what we are looking for.
The Product Marketing will oversee a product portfolio and will be responsible for supporting product launches and marketing activities to maximize sales and profits for the brand. The PM will be responsible for planning and organizing activities to achieve short-range and long-range business development objectives.
- Assist with managing a rolling 6-24 month "pipeline" of qualified new products for designated product portfolio. New product development will include developing marketing and product strategies including product definition, range development, branding, required features, packaging, pricing, etc.
- Execute competitive benchmarking activities including detailed understanding of key competitor products, claims, and price points
- Manage SKU extension product launches, and assist with new SKU product launches
- Work closely with the Brand Marketing Function and 3rd party vendors to design and implement POS and other marketing materials.
- Writing briefs and executing new product packaging and packaging updates to existing products.
- Working with Sales to facilitate the selling process, including PowerPoint presentations, relevant market data, samples and artwork
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Seasoned experience using Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
Attributes and Skills
- Drive, determination and a self-disciplined approach to achieve results
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and demonstrate a sense of urgency while not compromising the quality of work
- Ability to multi-task and handle shifting priorities
- Ability to influence and persuade peers and Senior management
- Strong detail orientation with demonstrated strength in process and planning
- Ability to think independently with little or no supervision.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Developing marketing plans, business plans, sales strategies and action plans for identified targets of opportunity that clearly define objectives, goals, win strategies, schedules and action assignments
- 3+ years of product marketing experience preferably from the consumer goods industry and global markets
- Good analytical skills with the ability to solve problems and develop creative solutions
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Messaging / Packaging / POS Development
- Experience managing outside agencies for advertising, POS etc
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- A good knowledge of product marketing, positioning, and merchandising.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business