SC Cleared Technical Author
SC Cleared Technical Author - Erskine - initial 2 month contract
SC Cleared Technical Author required to join a multinational information technology company based in Erskine on an initial 2-month contract. You will also be expected to provide general documentation support on a variety of other Engineering and Project documentation.
You will be expected to create and revise existing build, maintenance and operational Work Instructions.
- Create new user Work Instructions based on engineering data.
- Revise existing Work Instructions based on new capability projects, updated engineering data and/or in-service observations.
- Research all documentation updates thoroughly and discuss all issues with the relevant stakeholders.
- Create clear graphics, illustrations and screenshots.
- Seek peer-to-peer QA reviews and submit documents for SME/Test/Trial Technical Verification activities.
- Discuss and input to team-wide debates on issues and improvement initiatives to deliver a consistent deliverable.
Ideal candidates must have the ability to:
- Write clear, concise procedural instructions for a variety of users.
- Understand and comply with QA and Technical Verification procedures.
- Take complex design documentation and translate this into fit-for-purpose user documents.
- Be both a team worker and have the ability to work on their own.
- Produce documents using the Microsoft Office 2010 suite of applications.
- Create and adapt screenshots, graphics and illustrations.
- Communicate and work with all stakeholders in a professional and efficient manner.
- Deliver to tight deadlines in a fluid, dynamic and demanding environment
- Attain SC Security Clearance.
The ideal candidate should be able to develop to:
- Understand the user's environment and their documentation needs.
- Write to the correct level of granularity for the user's skill level.
- Write to the defined style and documentation structure.
- Operate within strict configuration and release management protocols.
- Comply with security markings and secure documentation handling procedures
- Operate within a Continual Service Improvement environment.
- Work with a Content Management/Revision Control System.
Suitable candidates must ideally hold active SC clearance or must be willing and eligible to undergo SC clearance checks.
If this role is of interest to you please submit your CV in the first instance.