DevOps Engineer, London
ROLE: DevOps Engineer
SALARY: £55,000 + Excellent Benefits
Our client, a FTSE 250 Company is seeking the services of a DevOps Engineer to join the team. If you are a team player with a positive character and a winning mentality. This opportunity will be for you.
You will be someone who is passionate about move things forward and delivering a great product.
- Working directly with product development teams following DevOps best practices. Primarily focused on the build and deployment of high quality software products into a range of environments.
- Collaboration, involved in design, build and maintenance of applications deployed onto William Hills private cloud and public cloud hosting on AWS.
- Liaise with global tech teams to remove impediments and diagnose/prevent incidents. Protection of large revenue generating systems
- Identify improvements in systems and processes, leading change in the interests of quality, productivity and supportability
- Partake in an on-call rota, which may require working weekends (once established as part of the future product development strategy)
- Champion security standards & best practices, collaborating with dedicated teams.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail
- An ability to learn new technologies and adopt new tools.
- Excellent interpersonal skills suited to a dynamic working environment.
- Manage multiple priorities and communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Support/Administration of Linux (RHEL) in an enterprise environment.
- Exposure to AWS services (EC2, S3, ECS, ALB).
- Exposure to Configuration Management tools (Puppet).
- Knowledge of containerisation technologies (Docker).
- Experience of effective CI/CD environments and technologies (Jenkins, Marathon and Mesos).
- Familiar with Enterprise Java Web/Application Server technologies (e.g. Apache HTTPD 2.x, Apache Tomcat) and SQL DB tech Oracle and Non-
- SQL such as Cassandra.
- Has worked directly on production environments and supported large revenue generating systems for large ecommerce organizations
- A flexible style. Someone that can collaborate and work with a range of development skillsets but looks to challenge everyone to continually improve.
For more information, or to apply please forward your email in the earliest instance.