Project Planner - London - 4 Months - £300 pd (Umbrella)
One of the highest priorities for the Civil Service is improving commercial capability across Government, a priority being driven by the Government Commercial Function (GCF). As part of the work of the GCF, the Commercial Capability Programme has established a Government Commercial Organisation (GCO) that will recruit, retain, develop and grow senior commercial talent, helping to drive commercial best practice and improved commercial outcomes.
The GCO employs senior commercial staff across all Government Departments (known as GCO Specialists). It currently employs more than 200 GCO Specialists and is growing. We are now expanding the population of the GCO to include another 400-500 senior commercial staff from central government departments.
This role will support the Project Lead in the design and implementation of this exciting transformation project, co-ordinating and driving the overall strategy and the deliverables of individual work streams.
In order to undertake this Project Planner role, you will need to be eligible to undergo a Counter Terrorist Check (CTC ) or hold CTC.
Project Planner - Key activities
- Driving activity within each sprint as the project progresses and assisting with preparation for each gateway review
- Governance preparation for monthly Boards, including drafting submissions, driving actions and issuing updates
- Stakeholder engagement, including the Commercial Directors of each department and staff in scope for transition
- Liaising with the PMO ensuring that documentation is accurate and up-to-date e.g. risks log, project plan
- Management & maintenance of action log, driving & monitoring progress against these across all areas of the project
- General project support as required e.g. organising meetings, minute-taking - Production of material to support project as required (eg, slide decks, FAQs, etc)
Project Planner - Experience Required
- Previous experience of project support in a fast-paced environment
- Experience of managing a range of diverse stakeholders
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good IT skills (experience of working with Google Suite desirable - e.g. Google Drive, Docs, etc.)
Project Planner - Inside IR35 - Please note that the client has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and where a worker elects to provide their services through an intermediary (such as a personal services company) then income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959917435