Senior Developer- Integration
Diligent is the leading provider of secure corporate governance and collaboration solutions for boards and senior executives. Over 4,700 clients in more than 70 countries and on all seven continents rely on Diligent to provide secure, intuitive access to their most time-sensitive and confidential information, ultimately helping them make better decisions. The Diligent Boards (formerly Diligent Boardbooks) solution speeds and simplifies how board materials are produced, delivered and collaborated on via any device, removing the security concerns of doing this by courier, email and file sharing.
As one brand of the Diligent Corporation, Blueprint OneWorld is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)-based platform and the world’s leading solution for global entity management and corporate governance.
Blueprint serves more than 2,200 clients and 250,000 users in more than 140 countries. Over 80% of the FTSE 100 and 30% of F100 rely on Blueprint to help them solve their challenges relating to compliance, data and document management, entity review and attestation, filing and institutional reporting. For the last 30 years, Blueprint has helped centralize all relevant data for the Company Secretary, Finance and Treasury, Legal and Tax, among others.
We are looking for someone who has a strong knowledge of C++, C#.NET and SQL database development to help us re-invigorate a market-leading governance/risk/compliance solutions.
Ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate their development skills, be driven, resourceful and not feel intimidated by significant technical challenges. We are looking for someone who wants to take ownership of the features they are working on and proactively drive improvements in software design and development practices.
You will be working as part of an established team who are used to working together to achieve excellent results. Our ideal candidate will be someone who is motivated, pro-active and takes pride in his or her code.
In addition to core development activities, you will be required to
- Collaborate with the product owners in the analysis and documentation of technical requirements and user stories for assigned features
- Design, code, review and test assigned features and user stories, in accordance with the agile methodology employed by Diligent.
- Contribute to the quality assurance/testing strategy for assigned features, performing technical tasks as required to support that strategy, including but not limited to development of unit and other automated tests, and assisting with acceptance and regression testing.
- Communicate effectively with other development teams, production operations, and a number of other technology groups, to ensure regular smooth delivery of working software to production.
This will be a role that will provide a path to working on cutting edge technologies as the application is transitioned to a new architecture.
- 5+ years’ experience in a hands-on development role at a commercial software company
- Excellent understanding of .Net, C#, and SQL databases
- Commitment to producing well tested and documented code
- Creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Experience working on an agile team, providing estimates and reporting progress
- Able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical teams
- Keen to improve processes and share knowledge across the team
- Experience working with SoAs/ESBs
- Experience with jQuery (or equivalent), JSON, HTML5, VBScript
- Test Driven Development experience preferable
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM/Lean software development
- Keen to learn more about new languages and frameworks
- Familiarity with Source Code Control Systems (e.g. Git, Plastic SCM or SVN)
- Understanding of functional programming techniques
- Experience with Selenium testing or similar
Diligent offers a strong compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including pension, Group Life Insurance and Income protections, alongside Medical Insurance. We are a casual but professional team, with this role working from our London office.