Project Engineer - Aerospace Test And Qualification
Cobham Mission Systems are looking for a Project Engineer to work across multiple integrated product teams, overseeing test and qualification phase and providing technical direction and decision making in support of product delivery. You will be managing internal and external resources to successfully deliver allocated projects, through requirements definition, analysis, design, development and qualification. You will ensure project compliance with internal processes, regulatory and legislative requirements, while ultimately ensuring our products demonstrate function and performance in environment.
This role is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
As a Project Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- A Bachelors degree in an Engineering specialism and/or a strong background in Systems Engineering.
- Prior Experience of performing environmental and functional testing and/ or supervising a team of test/ development systems engineers.
- Experience of cooperative working with Project Management specialists.
- Experience of customer and supplier liaison.
- Experience of requirements management tools (DOORS, CRADLE etc)
- Knowledge of environmental standards (RTCA DO160, MIL-STD-810 etc)
- Experience of development engineering activities and understanding of product lifecycles.
As a Project Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Establish clear requirements baselines prior to commencement of design or change activity.
- Define and lead analyses in support of system design, integration and change assessment.
- Lead a small team of development and test engineers, managing resource requirements within the team.
- Compilation of development and qualification plans including functional, environmental and mechanical aspects and analysis/interpretation of test data.
- Actively contribute to and/or lead defined aspects of the project to achieve optimal balance between requirements, schedule and cost.
- Equipment and system evaluation against requirements to produce qualification statements including analysis and comparison of requirements and build standards.
- Manage requirements verification throughout project execution to successfully demonstrate compliance for a DDP.
- Estimate resource requirements, plan projects and report progress
- Ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with LCM, SOF-E and other internal processes
- Work with Programme Management to ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with technical, cost and schedule requirements
- Manage technical risks
- Manage customers and external suppliers to ensure compliance with agreed processes and achievement of project objectives
- Review and approve Technical documentation produced by team.
- Planning, arranging and attending test activities including control of test hardware, test support equipment, transportation and test cost and schedule.
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world's leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959918882