Come and think independently with an organisation that’s doing the same. We’re determined to help shape a Vibrant Economy in the UK and beyond. It’s why we empower our people to bring new ideas to the table and take the lead in driving them forward. It’s invigorating. It’s inspiring. It’s creating opportunities every day for our clients, our business, and everyone here. So bring your passion, ambitions and ideas, and together, let’s make change happen.
An Assistant Manager must be capable of assisting with transactions and handling smaller transactions; must interface with clients, management, external financiers and other professionals. An assistant manager should know when to seek advice from the manager/senior manager and other specialists as appropriate (e.g. tax) and demonstrate strong commercial flair.Job Description:
• Displays good commercial awareness.
• Builds an understanding of the potential for selling into clients and intermediaries.
• Seeks to participate in business development opportunities.
• Sells the firm through high quality of work.
• Promotes transactional services to other departments.
• Attends external networking opportunity events.
Credibility as a representative in TAS
• Is aware of strategic events occurring in the marketplace.
• Manages client expectations, undertaking an assignment manager role for smaller assignments.
• Engenders trust and respect from the client by managing the assignment accurately, delivering to expectations, responding quickly to client demands and delivering to deadlines.
• Attends presentations and can address more complex issues confidently.
Client take on/risk management
• Ensures compliance with internal procedures including the completion of take-on, conflict checking and setting up charge codes.
• Proactively understand the firm's potential liability on assignments.
• Is aware of changes in the firms approach to risk management.
• Responsible for drafting report sections, including the executive summary, with minimal or no input from the manager and ensures the report needs little amendment.
• Demonstrates an understanding of technical issues arising in an assignment, offering potential solutions and seeking advice.
• Ensures executives follow Core Product methodology.
• Sets deadlines for self and executives, puts measures in place to ensure their achievement.
• Supports peers in client meetings.
• Identifies key issues early and discusses with the manager, keeping them informed of progress.
• Manages the day-to day aspect of smaller assignments under associate director / director supervision.
• Completes tombstone and client approval.
• Undertakes other duties to meet the demands of the business.
• Mentors and coaches executives and builds the respect of peers and subordinates.
• Contributes to the group in terms of presentations at group meetings.
• Works effectively with all members of the team, building the confidence and respect of peers and subordinates.
• Appraises and mentors executives giving regular feedback, timely appraisals and providing development opportunities.
Training/ self development
• Mentors and coaches new executives.
• Actively seeks and manages opportunities to attend workshops, keeping technical knowledge up to date and developing managerial competencies through in-house training opportunities.
Operations and results
• Assists with the preparation of fee estimates, proposals and budgets for client assignments assists in the full recovery of billable time through accurate and timely submission of timesheets.
• Takes proactive steps to keep utilisation high, and refers any identified opportunities to a manager/partner.
• Works efficiently and assists the job manager to collect fees and reduce debtor balances.
• Adheres to the Firm's risk management policies and is aware of changes in the Firm's approach to risk management
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
We create sustainable value for our clients
We are better together
Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to shape your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and across our global network of member firms. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. Over the past few years we’ve been making big changes - moving towards becoming a shared enterprise. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.