Multi Skilled Engineer
Based: Rochdale , United Kingdom
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
A vacancy has arisen for an Engineer at our client site in Rochdale, reporting to the Engineering Team Leader.
- Continuously assesses company plant and equipment for efficiency, purpose and implement improvements so that output will be optimised, inform of non-compliances
- Use line monitoring, fault finding and problem solving systems/techniques in order to maximise utilisation of all company plant and equipment, by minimising downtime through scheduled maintenance, and continuous improvement
- Help reduce the companies "Carbon Footprint" by efficient utilisation of resources, ie: Energy Usage, Waste Disposal
- Liaise and work closely with the production team, enabling timely start-up of plant
- Work safely, complying with the obligations under Health and Safety regulations
- Prepares estimates, requisitions and inspection of equipment
- Manage small projects and assists with major projects
- Regularly carry out audits for compliance to AIB/ EFSIS/ GMP Standards
- Works with Production and Quality teams to improve and develop operating practices to enhance product quality and customer service requirements.
- Education in engineering discipline.
- Working experience in food or consumer products industry, supported by a good track record of acquiring Engineering skills, continuous learning,
- Good understanding of inter-discipline skills and multi-skilling
- Solid grounding in food handling safe practices with an awareness of HACCP, PUWER, LOLA and COSHH
- Good team player, with the ability to highlight continuous improvement opportunities and work on your own initiative
- PC literate (Experience of MS Word, Lotus Notes and Excel Spreadsheets)
- Good written and verbal communication skills – ability to deal with both suppliers and internal customers
- Able to interpret schematic diagrams and machine drawings
- Logical thinker and problem solver with the ability to trouble shout and fault find on production facility SAP experience desirable but not essential
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959922895