This Nottingham based client is a leading source of media and financial intelligent information for the worlds media businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive media advantage.
- Develop software using disciplined software development processes, adhering to team/company standards and software best practice guidelines, and corporate policies.
- Create and execute unit testing and integration testing ensuring software meets requirements.
- work closely with the QA team to ensure that code is developed to a high quality.
- Contribute to the creation of design, leading the design of components.
- provide technical support to operations or other development teams.
- Create, review, and maintain all required technical documentation to ensure supportability and reuse.
- Review work of peers and more junior developers.
- Assist with improvements to prevent problems, including problem resolution work flow.
- Participate in project planning sessions with team members to analyse development requirements, provide design options, and provide work breakdown and estimates of work.
- actively participate in team and status meetings, providing timely status updates for areas of individual responsibilities within projects to supervisor.
- Good understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues.
- Familiar with various design patterns.
- Understanding of security implications and secure coding
- Familiar with RESTful interfaces
- Familiarity with front-end build tools, such as Grunt, Gulp.js, webpack.
- Good understanding of browser rendering behaviour and performance .
- Self starter - does what it takes to get the job done.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Sill for writing clean, readable code and reusable components.
- Proficient using source code management tools such as SVN.
- Experienced in a formal agile software development life-cycle.
- Familiar with continuous build and integration.
- Experience with Test Driven Development and/ or Behaviour Driven Development.
- Empathy for UI and UX.
- Can development build with user experience at forefront.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959921503