As data lead you’ll be responsible for developing solutions that support the transformation of customer orientated data from multiple sources into commercial teams to facilitate a wide range of sales and marketing activities. Essentially, the role bridges the gap between data providers (internal Data W and third part data providers) and commercial functions.
This is lead role with team responsibility although you will be expected to contribute from a 'hands on perspective’ supporting analysts and developers with solution design & build.
A business-critical role, you will be a key member of the management working to develop solutions and satisfy demands by commercial requirements whilst supporting and improving wider data strategy across the organisation.
- Build and support an evolving data delivery strategy ensuring solutions provide accurate data parcels and conform to data governance and compliance requirements
- Ensure solutions provide real commercial value and have a lasting impact on the business
- Lead / coach a team of Analysts, supporting them as required to ensure the team delivers data delivery excellence
- Application of relevant tools (i.e. SQL, SAS, Excel) and methodology to ensure large data sets are transformed into workable and logical format
- Support campaign delivery from a data perspective, ensure solutions have factored data quality, governance and compliance
- Build a framework that controls the quality and accuracy of all outputs ensuring senior management has confidence in the data delivery process
- Experience of Data Management and data delivery in a similar role and organisation
- Strong technical ability with tools that can build data delivery solutions, from; SQL, VBA, Excel, Business Objects, SAS EG)
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, demonstrating the ability to build effective relationships with internal function (IT, Marketing, New business teams etc.) and third pat data providers (Call Credit, Experian etc.)
- Experience of developing data solutions to support accurate customer campaign delivery
- A background that supports best practice quality data, ensuring skills can be applied to cleanse and QC data
- Experience of leading a team and / or mentoring data driven analysts in a similar role - desirable
This is a newly created role, offering scope to shape the role in line with business objectives.
The organisation is investing heavily in data (applications, technology, governance) and will support the successful candidate through professional accreditations.
The remuneration offers a competitive salary with exceptional benefits including a comprehensive performance bonus scheme, pension and a flexible work regime (including home working) along with typical benefits you’d expect with from a blue-chip plc.
Please apply in confidence for full job & interview details.