Monday - Friday - 40 hours
Salary - Competitive
Our client who is a leading Accountancy Practice in Northampton is looking for an experienced book-keeper to join their team.
The purpose of the role would be to prepare management accounts information and documentation produced by their long standing clients. Preparation of VAT returns and in-house bookkeeping assignments.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- The preparation of management accounts, from information and documentation received from clients, ensuring that all relevant deadlines are met and completed with utmost detail
- Monitor the progress of VAT assignments, ensuring that all deadlines are met and that any potential difficulties are brought to the attention of the manager
- Oversee the progress of in-house bookkeeping assignments, ensuring that all relevant deadlines are met, with regular progress reports being forwarded to the manager
- Ensure that all hours worked on assignments are correctly recorded.
- Provide technical advice and support to clients and staff in the use of the Sage Line 50 accounting software
- Ad-hoc and on-going assignments involving a single client focus
- Advice on system improvements/enhancements
- To be able to communicate across all levels ranging from clients to management.
- Dealing with queries from clients
- Must be qualified or a part qualified accountant
- Excellent accounts preparation experience and overseeing assignments and the supervision of staff
- To have full understanding in the use of Sage Line 50, Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of PAYE and VAT
- Accuracy and attention to detail but also being able to prioritise effectively
- Exceedingly good communication skills- both written, verbal and active listening skills
- Confidence in dealing with clients on all levels
- Willingness/flexibility to travel
- Team player but also being able to work with minimal supervision
- Confident preparing accounts up to Trail Balance, Corporate Tax Returns - Reconciliation
There will be an element of travel in this job on occasion – where you will be required to visit clients and sometimes spend a few days on site (this is in Northampton)
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959919311