Private Client Tax Manager - Excellent Branded business
A Manager is sought within this highly skilled tax team and your role will be mostly advisory focused. Based in Tunbridge Wells, you will work closely with the wider client facing teams to deliver a high quality tax service to private clients and entrepreneurs at all times whilst building up your own knowledge and expertise in the tax department.You will be responsible for a portfolio of clients covering HNWI, IHT, trusts and estates.
An international, integrated and top rated practice who specialise in a wide variety of services including tax across the South East who are based in Tunbridge Wells. The business is a national organisation who's core client base is include owner-managed ventures, international corporate organisations, top listed groups, the public sector and numerous private individuals. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of an exciting team with very clear progression prospects to partner in the future.
A Manager is sought within this highly skilled tax team and your role will mostly be advisory focused. Based in Tunbridge Wells you will work closely with the senior tax team to deliver a high quality tax service to private clients and entrepreneurs at all times whilst building up your own knowledge and expertise in the tax department.
Typically advisory projects:
- Wealth planning.
- Inheritance Tax planning.
- Trusts and Estates including offshore trusts.
- Residence and domicile issues including those coming to or leaving the UK.
- In addition, you will be responsible for a portfolio of recurring client work, including owner-managed businesses and their shareholders, people with inherited family wealth, trusts and company directors.
- Managing a portfolio of clients, including acting as one of the main points of contact for the client and liaising with other advisers.
- Maximising advisory opportunities from your portfolio of clients, dealing with ad hoc advisory and planning Issues as they arise with collaboration with more senior or junior members of the team as required for delivery of the project.
- Preparing tax advisory letters, memos and reports for review and reviewing drafts prepared by more junior members of the team.
- Helping develop the business and the seek new opportunities both within the firm and externally by creating a network of contacts and referrers.
- Overseeing the annual compliance cycle on your portfolio.
- Reviewing tax returns, correspondence and advice drafted by more junior members of the team.
- Working with more senior members of the advisory team to develop your advisory capabilities.
- Maintaining an up-to-date technical knowledge of personal, trust and business tax matters.
The successful candidate will be professionally qualified with experience gained in the Private Client Tax - to discuss the opportunity in greater detail please send though your CV.
- Committed to a career in tax and have relevant experience in general practice, preferably in a mid tier / Top rated practice environment or a legal practice.
- Confidence in dealing with Senior leadership and working with clients
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills, and provide accurate work in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Motivated, committed and flexible, with the ability to meet deadlines; a natural team player, with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Candidates must be ATT , CTA and or STEP Diploma - qualified and have an excellent academic record
Previous experience of using tax return software is assumed, as is use of Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Top rated Tunbridge Wells Practice
- Very competitive annual salary depending upon experience.
- Full benefits package including flexible benefits
- Progression prospects to partnership
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959922009