Embedded C Developer
With cyber-crime costing the UK circa £30 billion a year, my client has developed a unique product to be used in the public WiFi space, offering the next generation intrusion detection and prevention system that will stop malicious attacks from hackers aiming to steal consumer identities and business information.
They're currently midway through final development and this is the perfect time to join and be part of the creation of a product that will be a market leader in the cyber-crime sector.
Key skills required:
- Software development
- Embedded C
- To develop new features for a wireless intrusion detection/prevention system based on C and PCAP libraries. This system will be part of an embedded WiFi access point based on the OpenWRT/LEDE operating system.
- To help develop verification and test procedures for new software/firmware releases.
- To maintain the portability of this system to, and across new device platforms, such as Ath9k/10k based chipsets.
- To maintain a secure OpenSSL client-server connection to send information about theWiFi status back to a Python server running on a Cloud based server; includes extending the current interface standard based on new business and technical requirements.
- To maintain an automated remote update system from a centralised repository.
- To coordinate and liaise with the Engineering Manager and other members of the development team over work progress, and present regular progress reports on the development status to members of the team including maintenance of relevant project documentation.
- To help develop and present demonstrations of the system to company directors as well as potential customers.
- Basic knowledge of client/server models for TCP/IP based internet communications.
- Development in Embedded C, Bash
- Competency in UNIX/Linux based embedded and development environments
- Linux Kernel and Device Driver Development
- Good knowledge of WiFi standards and threats
- Working knowledge of existing 802.11 device driver architectures (or similar)
- Development in Python, C/C++
- UBUS Programmin
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959910020