Solution Architect / Technical Lead
Solution Architect / Technical Lead
When registering to Jobsite you will redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that you application can be reviewed
What do we do? A growing software house and telematics company based in Nottingham, Microlise’s mission is to empower our customers to reduce their costs and environmental impact by maximising the efficiency of their transportation operations. We achieve this with our great employees who continue to develop and deploy innovative, industry-leading technology solutions and services.
We are looking for a Solution Architect / Technical Lead to join our development team. Working in a highly skilled team, you will be involved in the ongoing refresh of our technology stack, as we migrate our products away from the traditional technologies of ASP.NET, MS SQL and monolithic application architecture, towards an asynchronous event driven microservice architecture.
The key technologies and products that make up our future vision are
- .Net framework and .Net Core
- MS SQL
Taking direction from the Architecture team the candidate will be involved in the service design solution architecture as well as:
- Ownership of domain design and technical debt
- Technical leadership and ownership
- Advocate and leadership of design review
- Technical evangelism
- Able to implement patterns of enterprise architecture
- Can assess and contribute to solutions designs
- Working with architecture focused road maps
- Tech Ops / Dev Ops – key involvement in defining vision, implementation, tools and best practices
- Strong experience in using C# .Net
- Strong knowledge of designing database solutions and / or improving database performance by design
- Experience in designing solutions at an enterprise level and improving legacy platforms
- Extensive knowledge of Quality Assurance and Software Testing Methodologies
- Ability to influence technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to gather requirements in order to deliver solutions
- Work to deadlines and manage time/quality of own and others task on a large number concurrent projects
- To technically mentor and lead teams based in different geographical locations
- Experience with Modelling languages
- Ability to understand technical solutions in appropriate languages
- Excellent communication skills
- 2017 - Top 200 company in Nottingham, top 50 in the Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200 league table, Sunday Times top 100 Profit Track, Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year finals, Megabuyte Top 50 2016, and an IIP employer
- Excellent pension scheme with company 3% contribution
- Vitality Health Insurance and Employee Assistance Programme
- Childcare vouchers for eligible staff
- We believe in developing our staff and support our employees with their professional development goals.
- Great staff extras: Easter eggs, yearly BBQ, Christmas gifts and annual staff awards
- 24 days holiday with bank holidays on top when you start
- Staff draws for events such as free tickets to the British Superbikes
- Free parking, tea, coffee and daily fruit
- Case studies from some of our customers - ******************************-studies/
Interested in the role? Great, we look forward to your application!
Just to let you know, telephone interviews will take place while the advert is still live, face to face interviews will take place on 20/02/18
Applicants must have eligibility to work in the UK (sponsorship outside of the UK is not available for this position).
THIS ROLE IS NOT OPEN TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES. NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM RECRUITMENT AGENCIES.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959921761