QA Engineer / Automation Engineer with Ruby
I am currently hiring for a QA Engineer with a background in Ruby or Java and a passion for new technology to work for a disruptive fintech business based in the heart of London.
You will have previous commercial experience with Ruby or Java but would also enjoy exploring other languages and show a keen interest in modern technology and new and emerging tech
This role will be working within an existing team working alongside both Ruby and Java developers and helping to automate our QA process. You will be helping scale up and add new functionality to the existing tech stack as well as building out a platform and working on a number of new exiting projects planned for 2018/19.
The team have a big emphasis on new technology and integrating modern libraries and tools. They are real pioneers in the AWS space and are regular speakers at numerous AWS and cloud events around the globe. The environment is technology first with everybody focus on shared goals
- Have strong soft QA skills. Knowing how to communicate improvements and challenges in an effective way, being able to say no when the need arises.
- Experience with automated testing, Ideally Cucumber/Rspec using Ruby or Java based tools (selenium)
- A proficiency in working with SQL
- Experience testing an API
- A complete understanding of lean and agile methods of software delivery and the principles and practices of BDD, ATDD and TDD.
- Familiarity with QA tools like bug tracking systems, test design and execution. E.G. JIRA, Testrail, etc.
- A strong willingness to improve
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959916695